Hanging out with clique/peers for CNY gatherings

It was nice to meet up with everyone on the first day of the lunar new year, and coincidentally, Yongwei's birthday (also falls on the very same day! A handful of us blogging friends and peers made time to meet up before his birthday was over. I went over to meet him at the meeting place (NEX Shopping Mall) after my dinner at my aunt's place at TPY. Caren and I were the first two people who arrived at Mcdonald's, where gradually, more friends made their way to join us. We had an enjoyable time chatting with one another.



Mint and Colin bought some tasty cakes for Yongwei and we did the usual birthday celebration for him.



I was happy to end my first day of CNY with them as they are so fun-loving and spontaneous as this gathering was an impromptu suggestion by the birthday boy!


My usual clique also met up for another CNY dinner gather, and Andrew suggested to go to a restaurant named 3+1, which offers homely cze char fare. This restaurant is in Tanjong Pagar.


We did the customary Yusheng session before our dinner as tossing the Yusheng is said to bring good luck for the entire year. HUAT AR!


We started off our dinner with Soup of the Day.


The Imperial Pork with Honey was the clincher of the night for me, as it tasted flavorful and great.


We had Curry Fish Tail and it was served in a Claypot. I love the tasty curry broth but the freshness of fish could have been better.


We ordered Prawns in Crab Sauce with Mantou, and it was a nice dish for us as we enjoyed dipping our mantou in the crab sauce.


I also enjoyed Deep Fried Chicken with Salted Egg, and each chunk of meat is best eaten while hot, where the salted egg also enhanced the dish to the fullest.


Sambal Kang Kong


Fried Gor Hiang 


Prawn Paste Chicken


The damage was SGD27 per person, and thanks Andrew for the good recommendation! 


Another group of friends met up for dinner, and we nicknamed ourselves 'The Eastlanders', as all of us were staying in the eastern side of Singapore. We went to ParaThai for our gathering dinner which is located at One KM Mall, Paya Lebar. We ordered a main course each and shared a mix platter as our side.


CK's Pork Basil with Rice 


Damien's Roasted Duck Noodles


Samuel had Pineapple Fried Rice with Prawns


I ordered for myself a plate of Phad Thai Goong Sod.


We were pretty disappointed by the portion of the Mix Platter, oh well, I think ParaThai is slightly pricey as compared to other Thai restaurants but the quality of food made up for it. The damage was SGD93, and we paid SGD23 per person.


Baby got me the Forever Edition which featured my 2 favorite LINE Characters, Brown and Cony. Thanks ya! Hugsss...





I simply can't get my hands off them, and I love LINE!



Lastly, I end my post with pictures of my outing with Caren and her kid sista, Mabel, where we were at the flea market inside old Tanjong Pagar Railway building.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA