Food haunts we love - Gu Zao Ren Taiwanese Porridge + The Public Izakaya

Recently, both Baby and I re-visited 'Gu Zao Ren Taiwanese Porridge' which is located at Changi Road.

I really love their Taiwanese Sweet Potato Porridge, and the best part is that after ordering your first bowl of porridge, subsequent bowls are free, so you can eat as many bowls as you want! I love to have various accompanying dishes to go along with my porridge. One of them is Steamed Mince Meat with Salted Fish.


Apart from the comforting steamed meat, we also ordered Brinjal with Minced Meat in Claypot, Hot-plated Tofu and Fried Long Beans with Hae Bee Hiam.


Our ‘DINPER’ (late dinner+early supper) at Gu Zao Ren Taiwan Porridge was really delightful.



Lately, the weather in Singapore is getting insanely hot and it is way too much for some Singaporeans (including me) to stand the heat anymore. Baby and I went to a newly opened ice-cream parlor - Minus Degree which is only 5mins walking distance from where we stay. Their gelato and waffles are locally handcrafted in Singapore.


 

I picked up a double scoop of Teochew Orh Nee and Pistachio and I had them placed on a crispy waffle. Ahh!! It was soooo refreshing and yummy. Nothing beats having a nice dessert on a lazy weekend afternoon, and it is a good way to beat the scorching weather.



Nightlife is certainly not boring in Singapore with many supper spots as well as ice-cream/dessert shops. Recently, I was introduced to Sweet Hut 甜秘密 which opens till 3am daily at Geylang Lor 40. It can be reached by a short walking distance from Paya Lebar MRT Station



There are many IG worthy corners, ranging from a golden cage, to seats shaped like rolling dice, as well as Rubik Cubes!



Sweet Hut has an interesting concept by specializing in traditional snacks and desserts. I love the modern interior setting even though they are just selling traditional desserts. Kudos to the services too!


Eversince COVID-19 struck us in 2010, and many of us were placed to WFH, and this arrangement has stopped us to visit food centres that are far from our home. Both Baby and I missed the Ban Mian from Lan Xiang Handmade Noodles, which is located at Bukit Merah Central Market & Food Centre. One random weekend, we drove there for brunch, and it still tasted as delicious as 2 years ago!



I brought Baby to The Public Izakaya which is located at 100AM for our Fri-date!



Both and I really like the Okonomiyaki very much. We ordered the Tori Karaage, and is the largest I’ve ever seen - Almost the size of a fist! The satisfying crunch of the batter on the outside, followed by the juicy tender chicken meat is really good value for money! I highly recommend it!




T
We had the 7 Pieces of Yakitori Omakase, and I love Tsukuba Balls best! It was tender, juicy and slightly charred.


The damage was pretty hefty, and I paid SGD166. The quality of the food made up for the pricey damage. We will definitely come back again, as it is a good place to hang out after work over small grilled dishes or a glass of sake/beer or two!



I end my post with my breakfast at Sims Vista Market and Food Centre. I enjoyed Fried Carrot Cake very much!


Comments

Cafe with waffle has funny furniture.

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA