A re-visited to Cumi Bali

After a super long hiatus of 12 years, I finally re-visited Cumi Bali. The reason why we stop visiting this eatery place is that Baby is no longer working at the Tanjong Pagar area. There were many times we had the intention of re-visiting this eatery place, but the town traffic always makes us think twice about doing so. However we still missed dining at Cumi Bali.

I suggested to visit this place as our Fri-date, as it is still our favorite haunt for Indonesia Fare. However the restaurant has since changed its premises, although it still is within the Tanjong Pagar area. What really surprised us was the hefty increase in the menu prices, as it seemed to be on a tremendously higher side now.


Cumi Bali Indonesia Restaurant serves really authentic Indonesia Cuisine. Their Sambal Belacan is a MUST for me, as it tasted REALLY spicy, and it perks up my appetite. To my surprise, I noticed that in the menu the Sambal is chargeable at a dollar per serving. I still went ahead to order it, as my  love for it is unbeatable! We ordered all the items that we used to order before as these were our usual MUST-ORDER items!

The Ayam Panggang was a let-down as compared to what I tasted before, It was way less delicious! We used to put this as our must-order, but it will be no more after today!

Sayur Lodeh (Vegetable Curry) tasted better than before. We loved it very much.

Baby’s favorite dish - Tauhu Telor bears a unique way of cooking, and the ingredients are mainly egg white and tauhu. It looked like a fluffy omelette. Both Baby and I enjoyed this non-oily dish very much.

Sup Ayam (Chicken Soup) - The broth is flavorful and tasted astonishingly good and we savored every bit of the soup.


The damage was SGD82, and it was pretty hefty, as compared to what we used to pay before. Nevertheless, it is still a food gem. If you want a true taste of Indonesian Fare, Cumi Bali is still a place worth visiting.

Upon hearing that Burp Kitchen & Bar at Bedok Reservoir will close for good on Jul. 07 after 9 years, Baby and I made our way there to have o ur lunch. It was really delicious, and I will miss it very much.


I end my post with my dinner with my Baby at Zing by Xi Yan which is located at the Park Place Residence at PLQ. The restaurant offers healthy and contemporary Chinese dishes, including options for plant-based or vegetarian. They also support the employment of individuals with special needs. Some of their staff have special needs, therefore, there should be less expectations of casual interactions or service provided. If you do come here, please be advised to exercise patience and understanding!

I loved the XO Radish Cake, and the radish cake cubes were house made. Each piece was soft and chewy with starchy sweet flavor. So tasty, highly recommended!

Lastly, my lovely neighbour made some rice balls for her picnic outing with her friends, and she shared 3 huge rice balls for RKM! Thanks for the food, and they were delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA

[product review] KUNDAL DERMA

[product review] Celladix Sebum Rebalancing RX Ampoule + COCOnCO Skincare Line