A re-visit to Changi Jurassic Mile + SUPPER FRI-DATE at Tachinomiya + BBQ party at SUO

Meryl and I fixed a date to complete our virtual run on a random Sunday morning. We met up at the Sports Hub and successfully completed our workout to obtain an e-badge from the 42Race App!





After our morning workout, we went to the Old Airport Road Food Centre, to have the delicious Lor Mee from Xin Mei Xiang Lor Mee 新美香To our surprise, the queue was short, as I was the second in line.



I love the gravy as this is the key element in a good Lor Mee. It is thick and flavorful, and I really love this bowl of Lor Mee to the max!



Baby and I spent our Sun-date at Tampopo which is located at Takashimaya Shopping Centre. This eatery place is well-known for their Kuro Buta. The main agenda of making this visit was that Baby needed to renew his membership, and we were given a welcome voucher to redeem within 60days. One of the benefits of being a Tampopo Member is that a SGD20 voucher will be given on the member's birthday month!



 

YAY! I feel that i will probably be back to dine at Tampopo real soon!



TGIF! Finally, after a week of working in the office, it is time to spend some quality time with my Baby on our ‘SUPPER FRI-DATE’. We went to Tachinomiya which is located at East Coast Road (Katong area). It is a typical 'Izakaya', a Japanese Bar-Restaurant where people enjoy their beer and meat skewers at the same time!




I love their freshly grilled skewers that had good cuts of meat. Each skewer was juicy and tender on the inside. While I did like the vibes of the place, I felt that the damage was on a higher side. Nevertheless, I do admit that the atmosphere was great and is a swell place to catch up with your friends over a drink!


To welcome the long weekend, JJM organized a BBQ gathering on Good Friday. I booked the second slot (5-10pm) and the pit we booked was at my tower on the 4th level.

 

We enjoyed ourselves very much and the BBQ party was a success. We managed to clear up and consume most of the perishable food items!



Our gathering ended around 9-ish, and they went up to my place to continue our chit chat session. We ate some ice-cream and drank some beer while chit chatting.


On a random weekend, we went over to Compass One for our dinner, and we settled at an eatery place - Shan Cheng. It serves Ipoh’s famous food delicacies. Both Baby and I had the Authentic Ipoh Chicken Hor Fun (Soup) and we also shared a plate of 'Ipoh Golden Platter'.

 


I am pretty sure it is not hard to find tasty Ipoh Hor Fun in Singapore but Shan Cheng provides a pretty decent choice!


Meryl, Chewy and I fixed a date to complete our virtual run on a random Saturday morning. Since Chewy had yet to visit the Changi Jurassic Mile on which me and Meryl had previously completed when it was opened way back in 2020. We decided to meet up at Changi Airport Terminal 4 to complete our workout (and obtained an e-badge from the 42Race App, as well as to fulfil Chewy's wish to visit this attraction.



The Changi Jurassic Mile showcased 20 different life-sized dinosaurs. We were quite amazed by the realistic pre-historical creatures, and we couldn’t help taking pictures with them!




We loved the T-Rex display!



This Jurassic Mile is a fun outdoor experience that is a must visit place for locals or tourists!



After the walk, we took the bus to Changi Jewel for our lunch! We had A&W, and many fond memories of our childhood were remembered. I recalled the taste of Childhood!



During one of the random Sundays, I prepared my homecooked Marmite Soup Pasta with Heinz chicken broth as a soup base. It is really convenient and hassle-free!


 

The broth is made with the finest chicken stock with no artificial colorings or preservatives. I was definitely impressed by the rich aroma and how flavorful it was!



Thanks Home Tester Club for sending this over!


I end my post with my dinner gathering with my 2 ex-colleagues, S and I. We had a delightful meal at Fu Xiao Xian which is located at Bugis Junction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA