[weekend getaway] 2D 1N in KL

GONG XI FA CAI


A CNY weekend getaway to KL is always a relief to me, especially after 4 days of stressful work following the CNY celebrations. We drove up on a Saturday Morning at 5.30am, and we reached KL before 1039am. Mum V read about an eatery place which serves famous Menglembu Wanton Mee, and it is located at Damsansara Uptown PJ. The eatery place is called Annie 1, and it is not a place which serves famous 'Menglembu' Wanton Mee, and it is located at Damansara Uptown PJ. 'Menglembu' refers to a small town in Ipoh, Perak. The eatery place is called Annie 1 'Haha, anyone?' and is one of the best 'Ipoh' styled wanton mee within the Klang Valley!


Upon reaching there, we were greeted by large crowds at the eatery place, which is always a positive sign for good food. Thanks to the GPS app 'Waze', we felt pretty good that we arrived here all the way from Singapore to try this out! Annie 1 is packed with families and their regular patrons enjoying their breakfast on weekends. A good sign as it is telling us that the food is good! 


Baby and I ordered a plate of Dry Wanton Mee with Char Siew and Wanton each for our brekkie. We also shared a portion of Curry Chee Cheong Fun with Pig Skin and a small plate of Charred BBQ Pork. 



I like the texture and taste of the noodles, and the Charred BBQ Pork was awesomely good! 

Mum V had Dry Wanton Mee with braised Chicken Feet. The damage was RM45-ish with 3 hot teas and we also got 2 additional packets of Dry Wanton Mee with Charsiew/Wantons to go for our KL Aunties!


After the meal, we drove back to Daddy M's place which is about 25-30mins away. I rested for a while before heading to Sunway Pyramid to meet my Malaysian blogger friend for some shopping, as well as to catch up over a meal. I picked up some accessories from Monki and Lovisa. I picked up a new pair of pinky shades for my upcoming trip




We had a light meal at Sakae Sushi, and the total damage was minimal, which cost less than RM30. I was delighted to see her again, and I hope to catch up with her again on my next KL trip! I was glad to receive some little gifts from her, thanks so much! 


She got me a schnauzer plush bag charm from Hatyai. 

She also helped to collect the McDonald's happy meal toy for me!  


Lastly, she gave me a Skincare Kit of Dr Belmeur from The Face Shop.




At night, we went for a 'Lo Hei' session cum CNY dinner at Kelantan Golf Negara Subang (KGNS). Thanks so much for the lovely dinner, and we will be back again to visit Daddy M and enjoy more nice food in Subang Jaya.


I end my post with a box of pineapple cake from Taiwan. This is a gift from Vi-Vien, who just came back from Taiwan in February. Thanks so much, girl! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA