Weekend day trip to JB, Malaysia

I love weekends! My earrings of the day! I picked up this pair of earrings from a shop named 'Turtle', which is located at Plaza Singapura.


Baby and I decided to go into JB on a random Saturday morning for get some car accessories for our new car 'Blues'. In order to beat the jam, we went in via the Tuas Second link. Oh well, the wait time to clear the Malaysian custom was 90minutes, but it was however much better as compared to 200 plus minutes jam at the causeway at Woodlands!


Upon clearing the customs, we took a 10 minute drive to Gelang Patah to visit Restoran Xing Ho, as they are famous for their Kway Teow Soup. Luckily, we still managed to get seats as the eatery place was packed with locals.

The soup tasted delicious, and both Baby and I really enjoyed our meal. My Classic Kway Teow Soup bowl was packed with generous ingredients and it cost me only RM6.50, while Baby had the Seafood Kway Teow Soup which cost more. 


After brekkie, we drove another 25-30minutes to the Tebrau area for some shopping, and we stopped by at Tesco Extra to get some household products. We also dropped by Mr DIY store to get some stuffs for the car. 

We had some desserts at Nyonya Leaf


Baby went to try his luck on the claw machine, as one of the machines were offering Pokémon as prizes. Baby caught 2 toys from the same machine, and he asked me to pose for an OOTD shot with his prize!  


Baby also clawed up a Disney bag charm for me! OM, I really love it!  


As usual, I picked up 2 tops from the Padini Concept Store. I also picked up 2 new handphone cases from another shop which cost only RM6 each! My handphone screen protector was damaged recently, so I got a replacement at only RM25. Lastly, I bought some random stuff from the lifestyle store Kaison.


We brought 'Blues' for car-washing, and once we handed over the car to the washers, we spotted an interesting food concept which was adjacent to the car wash. 'Why!Chicken' is located at Mount Austin, and is a Korean Fried Chicken restaurant. We ordered the Korean Garlic Chicken Chunks for take-away, to enjoy as a snack while waiting for our car to be ready. It tasted pretty yummy, and we will go back when we send our car for washing again.  


We had our random dinner at Petaling Street Hokkien Mee which is also located at Mount Austin. To our surprise, this eatery place was crowded with people when we got there around 6plus. We only ordered 2 items - the famous KL Hokkien Mee (large portion for sharing) and and Stir-fried spicy clams. We waited for about 30 minutes for our food to be served, so if you do visit this joint, it's best to be patient! The wait was worth-while as the food was very delicious with alot of 'wok-hei'! Baby enjoyed it so much that he said he would come back to try the other food items on a future trip.


We left JB around 8plus after our dinner, and we cleared both the customs within 20 minutes. We reached home around 9-ish, and I rested early for my first-ever Shape Run with my girlfriends!

Comments

This chicken has got cute box!

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA