[Hokkaido] 3D2N in Hakodate - Part 01

My Hokkaido holiday post continues...

 

We picked up some bento and sushi at the Sapporo Station as our breakfast onboard the Shinkansen train to Hakodate. We utilized our pre-paid passes, and the train journey took about 3.5 to 4 hours.



Hakodate is the largest city in southern Hokkaido, and I was here for 3D2N at Four Points by Sheraton. 


The weather in Hakodate was both sunny and snowy. It is one of the best tourist spots in Japan, and the city is relatively small and tourists are easily able to navigate around. 



Baby read about this unique fast food chain that can only be found in Hakodate, so we decide to have this for our late lunch. 'Lucky Pierrot' is not your ordinary fast food chain. They serve themed burgers that are out of this world. I felt that their selling point was that you cannot find any of these restaurants outside of Hakodate, Hokkaido.





We really love the food and we even bought some merchandise back with us too. I surely will re-visit Lucky Pierrot if I ever come back to Hakodate again. 






After our meal, we walked around the Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse, a landmark of Bay Area.




As per the locals, this bridge is often used for filming, and I took some random photos.

  

We made our way to the Mt Hakodate Ropeway station to have a majestic view of Mt Hakodate. The view is highly acclaimed, with a three-star rating in the ‘Michelin Green Guide Japan’. The cable car is one of the quickest ways to visit the mountain which take you at the summit station in just less than 5 minutes.



It is definitely worth the visit as it looks like glimmering jewelry box. To me, it is like a million dollar view! 



We ended our first day in Hakodate at an eatery place named 'Hakodate Dining Gaya', which served various Japanese comfort food.


Stay tuned for my Day 02 Experience at Hakodate, where I will share more on my travel experiences!

Comments

I dont know this restaurant with burgers.

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA