Happy 2019!

On the last day of 2017, after much encouragement from Mum V and Baby, I plucked up my courage to get my ears pierced! Since then, I have become obsessed with earrings! Everyone who knows me now can attest that I have an immense fondness for earrings! During Christmas, I actually got more than 20 pairs of earrings!


Mum V got me a lot of cute earrings. Thanks Mum!


I love year-end shopping, as there are normally many shopping promotions and perks lined up for shoppers! I picked up a pair of ankle canvas shoes for 2019 from Rubi Shoes which was a collaboration with Disney. It only cost me SGD20!




This new year is the first 'New Year' we welcomed together as Husband and Wife, hence Baby brought me to a posh restaurant to celebrate our New Year Eve's dinner at Tung Lok XiHe Peking Duck restaurant which is located at Orchard Central.


  

We ordered a whole Peking Duck, and a '3 Treasure Spinach in Superior Stock' as an accompanying dish. I enjoyed the food very much, especially the Peking Duck. The damage was SGD113, and thanks Baby for being a pillar and a shoulder to cry on whenever I am in need of support or facing setbacks.



I look forward to more celebrations together for the coming years and I want to thank him for bringing me to various countries/cities in 2018 too. In 2018, I visited Fukuoka and other cities in the Kyushu Region in Japan during my birthday month. I also went to the United State of Americaon the east coast, whereby I visited New York and Washington for our honeymoon. We also had a short trip to Bangkok, Thailand for a short retreat from our hectic working schedules/environment. I love being with him as he has always placed me as a priority, put up with my bad temper, and has always taken care of my well being. I love you Baby-Hubby! Muaks


Happy 2019
  

Baby brought Mum V and I to Canton Paradise to have our brunch on the first day of 2019. They serve quality dim sum and Cantonese cuisine. We started off with Boat Style Congee, and I loved the consistency of the Cantonese styled Congee. It looked velvety smooth and had a silky texture. I savored every bit of it!

 

Chee Cheong Fun with Char Siew – Another dim sum staple. 

   

I love Braised Chicken Feet very much and this item has been listed under my MUST-ORDER item in any dim sum restaurant!






A dim sum brunch will never be complete without Siew Mai! They were nicely done, and we all enjoyed them very much! 



We were lucky to get a seat without any advance reservation, and the damage was SGD66! We overheard that the wait time was 40mins, when we were about to leave the premises. I personally prefer Canton Paradise to Crystal Jade, as the dim sum tasted way better and the damage was more affordable as compared to Crystal Jade


We missed out on our usual 'Modus Operandi' to end our night on New Year's Eve drinking at a bar, therefore we had a little 'Do-over' on New Year's Day itself. We settled at Starker Bistro which is located at HILLV2. We ordered a pint each, and also got a plate of deep fried fish fingers as a little snack. The damage was SGD55. We spent quality time at the Starker Bistro by sharing our plans in 2019 and of course, discussing on my upcoming birthday trip!




As we grow older, we find that NYE is not about just having a 'Countdown', but is more akin to having a reflection on what we have achieved and to start planning on goals for the new year.

Lastly, I end my NYE's OOTD at Orchard Central! May all my wishes come true! I wish for more collaboration opportunities, as well as an increment in salary from my company!


Comments

Happy new year.
Ps. Great shoes

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA