A trip to Madame Tussauds Singapore + Food Review on Jack 'n Jill Chicken Satay Potato Chips & The Coconut Club

Everyone loves to eat titbits/snacks, and both my nephew and niece are no different. They each have a soft spot for their own certain snacks!



For me, I love inspired snacks that have tastes that resemble my favorite foods! Recently there are many new creation hawker flavors potato chips popping up, and I am spoiled by choices.


I love hawker food, and I am glad that Jack 'n Jill Potato Chips created this new flavor from one of Singapore’s favorite hawker foods – Satay. 



Satay lovers like me can munch Chicken Satay Potato Chips anywhere and anytime! The chips not only have the aroma of satay, they legit tastes like it! It's the perfect snack to go with beer or soda, but I normally will go with just plain water! Every bite is irresistible.


HayBoy loves it too, and he keeps asking for more... Do give it a try now, you might get yourself addicted to it!





 The Coconut Club is listed as a Bib Gourmand restaurant in the Singapore Michelin Guide 2018, and it is located at 28 Ann Siang Road.




It’s my first time at The Coconut Club, and I was told beforehand that their speciality Nasi Lemak is to die for! The premises seemed quite ‘atas’ and was rather relaxed! We got the Chicken Leg Nasi Lemak, and I must say the rice was very fragrant! The peanuts and ikan bilis were quite generous in portions too, and a fried egg, which is a staple in any Nasi Lemak, paired well with the sambal chilli!




If you really want to taste the quality of the coconut milk, you must try their Cendol. How I wish I could have had a bigger portion of it!



I believe that The Coconut Club will become everyone’s PLACE to go for Nasi Lemak in the near future!



To make our National Day a memorable one despite the pandemic of Covid19, Sentosa has offered Free NDP Fun Passes with 20 tokens to Singaporeans and PRs! This is worth approx. SGD20 and can be used at a number of participating attractions!



We used these tokens to visit Madame Tussauds, as my last visit to this famous wax museum was way back in 2011 in London. Till now, I am still very impressed and amazed by the realistic wax sculptures!


I didn’t take up the extra charges for the Marvel 4D Experience, as I did it before in London! For this trip, I truly enjoyed the Spirit of the Singapore Boat Ride. The ride took us to a contemporary and colorful journey of Singapore. It only lasted about 3 minutes or less, though it was pretty short, it was pretty breath-taking!



I personally feel that the most impressive wax figure under the World Leaders, is gotta to be ever-popular former president of the USA―Barack Obama. I love his smiling figure which displays brilliance and integrity!



Blonde bombshell, Marilyn Monroe



I am glad to be one of Oprah Winfrey’s ‘valued guests’ for an interview on her TV show!



Both Baby and I can’t keep our eyes off the towering wax figure of the 7′ 6″ NBA superstar, Yao Ming. He is the first ever Chinese basketball player who made it to the international league. This retired basketball superstar has been with Houston Rockets for 9 years, even my nephew, HayBoy knows who is he, do note that, HayBoy is only 8 this year!




Thanks Sentosa for the complimentary tickets to Madame Tussauds Singapore, and do read my super old post on my trip to famous wax museum - Madame Tussauds - London.



Lastly, I end my post with my favorite Steamed Sea Bass with Soya Bean Sauce which was prepared by MIL. Thanks my own mommy who helped to pick up this fresh fish from the wet market!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA