[WFH] Additional measures / restrictions under Covid19 Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)


Due to the number of covid infection community cases that have been increasing in Singapore, our government announced additional measures and restrictions under Phase2HA (Heightened Alert) to minimize transmission of the virus as an effort to overcome this resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in Singapore. Many companies in Singapore now remain under mandatory work-from-home (WFH) policies.

I've already gotten used to the working from Home scheme, but honestly I pretty dislike it as weekends are no different from weekdays as we spent 24 hours by staying at home. Luckily, shopping malls and supermarkets are still in operation. We started off the measures from 16 May 2021 and some restrictions will ease on 13 June 2021. To reduce the risk of community transmission, indoor ‘mask-off’ activities such as dine-in F&B establishments ceased. I do think I have gotten somewhat used to this ‘whole new world’!

My work normally begins at 8.30am, and now I do not have to waste time on travelling to the office! Time can be better spent on breakfast while clearing emails! For my daily breakfast, my Baby will prepare toast and tea for me, but for the times I get tired of bread/steamed buns, he will then take out from the nearby food centre for me.


Koung’s Wan Tan Mee is located at Geylang which is within walking distance from our new place. It is about a 5-10 mins walk. This eatery place has been around since 1964, and I love their handmade wanton, homemade chilli sauce, but most of all, their impressively their charcoal roasted char siew!

 

This traditional and delicious wanton mee only cost SGD4 despite their popularity. Do prepare to wait! I really enjoyed the old school wanton mee from Koung’s, as it is such a classic, and I'm definitely coming back for another plate of tasty wanton mee!



Baby purchased the GRAB Stay-Home Pack for only SGD1.99 with 30 x SGD4 OFF GrabFood Delivery Fee as well as some other discounts!


Food delivery from EL CARBON came on time on a random weekend evening. They have an on-going 1-for-1 pasta promotion, and we used the grab voucher upon ordering to enjoy free delivery! I love the way they packed the food. My dinner was still pretty decent, although I think dining in at the premises will be much better!



To make full use of the perks from the GRAB Stay-Home Pack, we decided to explore more eatery places that I have never heard or tried before. Baby and I decided to try J.D Rice Bowl for some quick and hassle-free lunch. I ordered Braised Pork Rice Bowl. The food was pretty decent, and I will visit their premises for dining in once it is safe again.


Food delivery from Donburi no Tatsujin came on time on a random weekday evening. We were given a 20% discount off from the restaurant, and combined this with our free delivery perk because we got the GRAB Stay-Home Pack! I love the Unagi Donburi, as it tasted really delicious! It cost me less than SGD12 for such a generous portion! I will definitely be visiting their premises for dine in once it is safe again! 


We have recently moved to our new place and thankfully the facilities have remained open, so we go for a night swim almost everyday after our working office hours!







We received a surprise delivery from Baby’s bestie, Nick. Thank you 'Beery' much for the beers, and we love the beers very much! Lastly, thanks Thirsty Beer Shop for the smooth delivery.



Our delicious take out lunch from Lee Wee & Brothers, which is located at Ion Orchard on a random Saturday after my hair treatment. I totally love it very much, even though, I didn’t eat it at the premises. I will come back for more regardless of having it on site or as take out!  





Our delicious take out dinner from British Hainan, which is located at Kallang Way! Although the pork chop was not as crispy as it normally was when dining in at the premises. However it still tasted pretty good after all!


I got a little visitor at my home premises! She is turning 3 this July, and she enjoyed herself at the Kiddy playground!


I can’t wait to enter back into Phase3HA (Heightened Alert), which means more restrictions have been lifted. We are kinda heading back to our old lifestyles, albeit with some limitations.


Lastly, thanks Boss M for the lovely KF94 mask!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA