My mini birthday celebration with friends & colleagues

This year, my birthday falls about 2 weeks+ before the Chinese New Year Period. To be honest, I'm not fond of it as most of my friends are busy preparing to welcome the Lunar New Year, and there is no time left for me at all!

Therefore, I decided to arrange for a dinner date cum birthday celebration about 2 weeks before my birthday. Baby had got me a huge birthday gift - A planned 10-day holiday to the Aichi Region of Japan, which included Nagoya, Gero, Takayama, Shirakawago and Kanazawa.We will arrive back in Singapore a week+ before CNY, in order to get ready and to do spring cleaning for this  forthcoming Chinese New Year!

Both Nita & I had a mini birthday celebration together, as we are the Jan Babies! We had our dinner date at Baba Chews Bar & Eatery which was located at Katong. We invited our mutual friend, Jane to join us.

Baba Chews Bar & Eatery is an all-day dining restaurant in Katong which serves Peranakan Fusion dishes. The restaurant itself was well maintained, and the staff was courteous and helpful towards the diners.

The Pork Satay was pretty tasty, and you won't go wrong with choosing it!

The dish that stole my heart goes to the Cray Fish Hor Fun. The brown gravy was spot on with a hint of Wok Hei. A sous vide egg was added to enhance the dish better.


We love the interior of Baba Chews Bar & Eatery, which retained that old Peranakan charm in a modern fashion. Although the price tag was pretty high, it is still a decent dining option if you are in the Katong vicinity.


My close colleagues decided to celebrate my birthday at the Coffee Academics which is located at Millenia Walk.





I love the both the Curly Fries with Trio Dip and their Crispy Crusted Truffle Portobello Mushroom Pizza!


If you are a big eater, do give this signature platter - The Academics Breakfast a try, as the portion is generous. Not to worry, as this eatery place serves an all-day breakfast!



The food served here was splendid, and I will definitely be coming back again. Thanks for the lovely gifts!


My closest clique of friends celebrated my birthday at Hopscotch. It is a casual restaurant and craft cocktail bar located at Arcade at The Capitol Kempinski, right outside the historic Capitol Theatre.






The Baby Back Ribs and the Calamari Rings were good and crispy!








The Baby Back Ribs were very flavorful and the calamari rings were crispy good!! The meat of the Baby Back Ribs was so soft that it practically slid off the bones. It went so well as an accompaniment with the pickled 'A-char' and Crackes as sides.


The Lobster Chilli Pasta met our satisfaction!


My friends were so sweet to order the ‘Wish Upon A Lantern’ cocktail for me! I suppose it can be considered a new-aged way to replace a birthday cake! The cocktail drink is inspired by Taiwanese sky lanterns, this drink lets you write your wishes on on lanterns for 'release' thereafter!







The cocktail drink is beautifully crafted and grows stronger and more lovable with each sip taken!

On a side note, the service at the restaurant was great. Upon knowing that we were here for birthday celebration, they prepared a Yam Panna Cotta with a candle on it, and we got complimentary orange liquor shots as well!




If you are looking for a unique and memorable cocktail experience, Hopscotch Capitol is the place to go. This craft cocktail bar offers a range of creative and delicious drinks! Not to forget that they serve delicious food too!

Thanks for the lovely gifts, besties!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA