A quick fix for Taiwanese Street Fare

After my pedicure session... Verlyn & I walked over to Liang Seah Street... We had our humble dinner @ Lai Lai Family Restaurant 来来红烧牛肉面. Thumbs up for Verlyn's recommendation!
Verlyn ordered the Best Value Set A which included the Specialty Beef Noodles, one side dish and a bubble tea, while I got Best Value Set B which included the Braised Pork Rice, one side dish and a bubble tea...
We both had the same Bubble Tea Drink - Jasmine Green Tea with Pearls.

I settled for the Braised Pork Rice aka 'ru rou fan'... Tastes yummy! The warm rice drenched in a savory brown sauce and Braised Pork melded perfectly to give a unique taste. The only downside was that the meat had too much fat for my liking.
Verlyn ordered their Specialty Beef Noodles and she added $1 for beef tendons... Never a huge fan for beef noodles... but I stole 1 piece of beef tendon from her. The wobbly tendon just melts in my mouth!. LOVE the beef tendons!!!
For our sides, we had Salted Fried Chicken 盐酥鸡 & Braised Intestine...

The intestines were quite alright... Soft to the bite and generous in portions too :) The Salted Fried Chicken was quite disappointing... The chicken dices are not crispy fried on the outside... Although it's not too oily, it was a tad hard for my liking. Kinda gave the impression that it has been fried for a long time before serving... Lastly, they don't really taste like 盐酥鸡.
----------------------------------------
The damage was pretty decent. Probably one of the best places to get valuable and reasonable Taiwanese street fare here.

Comments

Verlyn said…
Great recommendation by me hehe :p Next time, we shall go Cedele for some super yummy pancakes !

Btw I like the chicken leis ._. not nice meh ?
The chicken meat kinda of hard leh... then not salty at all still named as 'yan su ji' OMG! Haha.. Next time, I want to order the brinjal side dish, as per some reliable food webbie, they say nice leh...

Ookie, I onz you... we go Cedele!

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA