Old Trafford - Manchester

Baby & I were on a trip to London, this was my first time to London,and we went for a free and easy holiday... We booked our air tickets through Malaysia Airlines (MH) website... The tickets cost us SGD1500, and this price was cheaper as compared to Singapore Airlines (SQ)... The only difference is that SQ is a non-stop direct flight that take us 13hrs, but in the end... We chose to take MH which is a transit flight from KL and this saved us SGD800

I reached KL domestic Airport at 7.45am... We headed down to Old Town to have our brekkie and to while our time away at the same time as our flight will be in 2hrs+ times...


Cam-whoring my boarding pass while waiting to board the plane...


I took this picture while we were on the plane... Love the clear blue sky (:


Finally after 17hours of flight which included 1hr from SIN-KL and waiting time of 2hrs+ for the connecting flight from KL... I finally touched down at Heathrow Airport Terminal 4... Hello London!!! The local time in London was 4.08pm which was 11.08pm in Singapore on the 4/Nov.


As the customs were pretty strict in London Airport, It took us quite a while to clear... It was only barely 5pm in London, but the sky was pitch dark, as I mentioned before during winter season, you will experience longer nights than day time... Arrgh! I looked so weary after the long haul flight...


London is a very accessible country, and the tube station is located at Heathrow airport... Baby purchased the Oyster Card from the tube station that allowed us to take the public transport freely during our stay in London...


The Oyster cards cost us a small fortune for the entire 10 days trip...


The tube took about an hour to reach our lodging... I was simply too tired to do anything once I unpacked my luggage, maybe due to jet lag..

We woke up early for traditional English breakfast which I didn't really fancy, (toast!) therefore, I ate a little but Baby seemed to enjoy it so he finished my share too...


Cam-whoring while Baby was having his brekkie...




All ready to go... We headed down to the tube station by foot...


We took the tube to Euston Station, where Euston Railway Station is internally linked to it... We are leaving London for a day to Manchester...



I am famished once I reached the railway station, and Baby got me Sausage and Ham Croissant set meal from Burger King... Well, the meal comes standard with tea and hashbrown which cost us GBP 4.39

At the platform...


I am excited cos I am going to Manchester for a 'LIVE' match - Manchester United vs Sunderland @ 3pm (local London Time) at Old Trafford...


I had my brekkie in the train...


Our tickets (GBP 35 - one way per person) from London to Manchester...


We felt better and warmer after boarding the train, as the weather outside was freezing cold ( around 10C)


Jess Baby loves cam-whoring


The train took us 2hrs to reach Manchester... We had about 2hrs buffering time to travel down to Old Trafford as the it was only 1pm in Manchester...

~ Our tickets to the 'LIVE' match ~


We were about to reach the stadium... Look at the numbers of people heading down for the match, it is really an eye opener for me...


Got 3 scarfs @ GBP 5 each from the roadside stalls while we were walking to Old Trafford...


Baby bought a copy of Manchester United Insider News from the kisok at GBP 5


Old Trafford is a football stadium in Old Trafford, the home of Manchester United. Old Trafford is the second-largest football stadium in England...




We took some photos before entering the stadium for the match... Both Baby & I were impressed by the exterior of Old Trafford...


Sir Alex Ferguson is a Scottish association football manager and former player, currently managing Manchester United, where he was appointed manager of Manchester United in November 1986. He is one of the most admired and respected managers in the history of the game.

With 25 years as manager of Manchester United, he is the longest serving manager in their history.


The 'LIVE match between Manchester United & Sunderland is about to kick off


I can honestly say that football is really a man's game, the game was played so rough and the spectators got frustrated easily if the team didn't play well or if the opposing team scored a goal... Though we were seated at the area of the supporters of Man U but we were pretty near to Sunderland fans... The bickering and heckling which included some crude languages and profanity was amazing, I was more entertained by the squabbling between the fans than the match... Hahaha!!!


This trip to Manchester is really an eye opener for me... I valued this experience loads



Baby simply indulged himself with the match... as he is a super die hard fan of Manchester United... During half-time, he urged me to take more photos for him against the spectacular stadium.




~ Old Trafford is IMPRESSIVE ~


Manchester United beat Sunderland with a score of 1-0... After the match, we went to the Old Trafford Mega Store to do some merchandising...



The time now was 5.30pm in the afternoon and it was already dusk... Old trafford looked even better in the dark.

Baby got a lot of loot (2 big bags) from the mega store...


Last few pictures at Old Trafford, before leaving for dinner...



Happy Hauling at Old Trafford Mega Store....


This car mat is already placed inside our Jazzy... Hahaha!! We got quite a number of stuffs there too


We went to Osteria23 for some fine Italian Cuisine in Selby...



We ordered a side dish - Fried Calamari Rings (GBP 5.95) for ourselves as a starter...



Baby had Spaghetti ai frutti di mare @ GBP 9.35... Spaghetti with prawns, squids, mussels, Baby octopus, garlic parsley & cherry tomatoes.


I had Ravioli al sugo @ GBP 8.95... Hand-made pasta filled with spinach and ricotta cheese, cooked with cherry tomato, garlic and basil.

We enjoyed the authentic Italian eating experience...

We spent a night @ Manchester... As usual, we woke up early for traditional English breakfast, again I didn't ate much, oh well, Baby seems to enjoy it...



After our brekkie, we headed down to the railway station... I picked up some mini chocolate bars for my friends and myself at Sainsbury - The third largest chain of supermarkets in the United Kingdom ...


We came across a retail store - ONE POUND SHOP... Everything is going at 1 pound and I got 2 packets of Rawhides for my adorable Coco.


While waiting at the platform to board the train back to London...



Haiz!! I had to buy my brekkie from the Bread Box at railway station...


Another GBP 35 - one way per person from Manchester back to London...


I had sausage bun in the train...



We reached London 1.30pm... We decided to walk around Kingly Street and to have our late lunch or so-called early dinner there too... We settled at Red Onion, a Mediterranean Restaurant around 4 plus...

The restaurant was kinda empty, due to the odd timing that we planned for our meal... I wanted to drink Cranberry Juice, so I ordered a glass for myself...

Baby had Classic Fish & Chips

I ordered the Penne Alla Vodka for myself...


Baby's fave drink - Kronenbourg 1664, French beer...


The food was pretty good and the damage was GBP 32...


Nice to be back in London again... Cheers!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA