[United States holiday] Statue of Liberty

The Statue of Liberty is a world renowned Icon, featuring in many forms of history and pop culture. Whenever I see the statue of Lady Liberty on television, I often ask myself, will I ever be able to meet her in person? I live a thousand miles across the ocean away from her, so this thought is often moot. However, it is true that life is always full of surprises, and dreams do come true before we even know it! Meeting Lady Liberty has always been my dream, and my dream was fulfilled during my trip to NYC in April 2015!
 
 
 
We took the Liberty Cruise from Battery Park, and it took us 20mins to reach Liberty Island. The strong and chilling wind did not stop us from taking selfies when the ferry was approaching near to the magnificent statue.
 
  
 

 
 
 
 
 The Statue of Liberty is designed by a French Sculptor and was a gift to the United States from the people of France. The statue is an icon of freedom for the United States and also a welcome signal to the foreign immigrants arriving from aboard.



 

 
Never thought that I actually can visit New York and see the Statue of Liberty up close with my every own eyes!

 
A trip to New York will never be complete without a visit to the Statue of Liberty. I always wanted to climb up to the crown of the statue, but visiting the crown needs strict advance bookings as they limit the restricted number of visitors each day. We tried to purchase our admission online 2 months prior to our departure date, but it was already sold out. We were just able to buy the tickets to the pedestal of the statue.


 
Access to the pedestal was a good experience for us as we got to go in statue and visit the museum.
 
 



 
 
 
It was awesome beyond words, and it was a treat to get to know the history of this BIG & TALL LADY. She is the symbol of freedom not only for the Americans but for each and every one of us.
 
  
 
 
 
 
The Statue of Liberty is one of the most celebrated symbols of freedom and the rich history of Lady Liberty is something that changes not only NYC but the rest of the world. 

 
 
We climbed up few hundred steps of the stairs to get to the foot of Lady Liberty, and we were greeted by a beautiful view of Manhattan skyline (A complete view of NY).  


 
 
Even though there is a difference in Manhattan Skyline now, but it still looks as beautiful as before.

 

I picked up a statue of Lady Liberty and gold medallions from the gift shop for a memento/keepsake!

 
Visiting Liberty Island is part of everyone's bucket list and I am glad that it is now officially crossed off from my list!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA