[random] A day out to JB

I love weekends!!


Baby and I decided to go into JB on a random Saturday late afternoon for shopping and to have our dinner. Baby and I wanted to re-visit 'Chicken Pot' which is located at Taman Mount Austin, as they serve delicious and tasty Chicken Hotpot! Upon being seated, we ordered the signature Chicken Pot, and requested for the medium sized version. The small version is meant for 1 person. The Chicken Pot consists of various cuts of fresh chicken meat that is cooked in a delicious black sauce with chillies, and it is served on a burner in a pot akin to the ubiquitous Steamboat. At the eatery, one can also order some additional ingredients to 'throw into the chicken pot aka steamboat style and we did just that by ordering luncheon meat, tang hoon, meatballs, hotdogs, an assortment of mushrooms, crabsticks and baby corn! I felt that the luncheon meat gave it an extra flavor! You can choose the level of spiciness for your chicken pot, and we chose the non-spicy version for our dinner. The damage was RM78. 
 


The South Korean's dessert chain,  Aboong is known for their Bungeoppang, a Korean carp-shaped waffle snack with red bean filling. The conventional version of Aboong was to take things a step further by serving yoghurt soft serve in a fish-shaped waffle, which acts as a cone. 

 

I just so happened to have the fortune to get this very dessert at Aboong, which has newly opened at Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru! Before entering the eatery place, I went to try my luck on the claw machine outside the shop, as one of the machines were offering the extreme adorable Pote Usa Loppy Cupcake Rabbit Plush collection as prizes. I caught Mimipyon after the 4th attempt (RM1 per try), and I was overjoyed. I love this feeling of accomplishment, and it was definitely another achievement unlocked!


My black sesame waffle was crispy on the outside, yet moist and soft on the inside. There was red bean within, as well as green tea (matcha) soft serve. Topping off the dessert was Nestum flakes and a chocolate drizzle, which was lastly served with mochi balls on a skewer!

We ended our dessert session with a nice pot of Rooibos tea!

Our main agenda for this trip was to satisfy our craving of singing to our heart's contents. We went to our usual place, the 'DeCast Karaoke'! The K Session's damage was super affordable as we paid a total of RM53 for both of us for a 3-hour session of singing + an unlimited flow of drinks. You couldn't even get an hour in Singapore for what I paid here, and this is the main reason why we love coming to JB to satisfy our singing desires. It is next to impossible to get such cheap prices as this in Singapore!
We left JB, after our singing session at 3am, and we made our way back to SG on Sunday morning. We were pleased that the jam was pretty light.
I recently met up with Jasmine for lunch within the Downtown area, and we came across a Gusiness Truck which were offering popsicles! It is definitely a nice treat to have in order to beat Singapore's scorching weather!

I took a random photo against the truck and with my Popsicle. 


My random lunch with my office lunch mates at Nam Nam Noodle Bar, Suntec City. We went for their lunch sets which were from SGD10.90, and each set lunch comes with a main course, side dish and a drink. I had a delicious Chicken Pho. Nothing beats having a nice meal and a great chat with my lunch kakis! 
 
I end my post with my recent dinner date with my Baby at Hokkaido-Ya, VivoCity. We enjoyed the food very much, and we definitely list Hokkaido-Ya as our ‘MUST-VISIT’ eatery in VivoCity!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA