Long planned JB's day trip

A long-planned outing with my 2 colleagues to JB was finally fulfilled on a random Saturday. Both Suni and Ivy joined RKM to JB, as we were planning to purchase our snorkeling related items for our Honolulu/Hawaii trip.
 
 
Upon reaching JB, Malaysia, we settled at our favorite eatery place, Restoran Yit Foh which is located at Taman Century. Our wonderful weekend brekkie was satisfied by a plate of delicious Wanton Mee and a big sharing Bowl of Wanton Soup! I love the QQ noodles which tasted awesomely good. We have never failed to visit this place whenever we drive in... It has been established in Johor Bahru for more than 30 years.
 
 
Prior to our singing activities, we visited Aboong, a dessert shop at Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru! Before entering the eatery place, I went to try my luck on the claw machine outside the shop, as one of the machines were offering Ivy’s favorite Disney character, Stitch. I caught it after the 2nd attempt (RM1 per try), and I gave it to her. Naturally, she was overjoyed. I love this feeling of accomplishment!
 

 
 
 
We enjoyed the desserts very much, and this eatery place is definitely one of my must-visit places whenever I am in JB. 
 
 


  Our main agenda for this trip was to satisfy our craving of singing to our heart's contents. We went to our usual place, the 'DeCast Karaoke'. The damage was super affordable as we paid a total of RM60-ish (SGD20+) for 4 people for a 3-hour session of singing + and an unlimited flow of drinks. We were stunned by the amount each of us had to pay, as there is no chance the price would be this cheap in Singapore. You couldn't even pay for an hour in Singapore for what I paid here!
 
 
Suni has been bugging me to bring her here ever since, we read my blog which I had mentioned coming here on my previous trip. After that, we headed down to another one of our favorite eatery places for dinner. Yes! We re-visited 'Chicken Pot' which is located at Taman Mount Austin, as they serve delicious and tasty Chicken Hotpot!


 
Upon being seated, we ordered the signature Chicken Pot, and requested for the large sized version. The small version is meant for 1 person. The Chicken Pot consists of various cuts of fresh chicken meat that is cooked in a delicious black sauce with chillies, and it is served on a burner in a pot akin to the ubiquitous Steamboat. At the eatery, one can also order some additional ingredients to 'throw into the chicken pot aka steamboat style and we did just that by ordering luncheon meat, tang hoon, meatballs, hotdogs, as well as an assortment of mushrooms/vegetables and crabsticks! I felt that the luncheon meat gave it an extra flavor! You can choose the level of spiciness for your chicken pot, and we chose the non-spicy version! We were delighted when we were told that the dinner was on their account. Thanks girls for the meal! 
 
We left JB after our dinner session at 8pm, and we made our way back to SG. We were surprised that there is no jam at all at the Malaysia side, and only light jam on our end in Singapore. 
 
 
 
Lastly, thanks for the birthday gift, girls. Though I received it before my birthday, I only managed to have time to unwrap the present after my birthday. Nevertheless, I opened the gift within the birthday month (January) It was a lovely gift and I really like it! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA