[ALL DAY PASS] AIA Glow Festival 2019

I got the opportunity to sign up for the All Day Pass to the AIA Glow Festival 2019, all thanks to my blogging mate, Tracy, who extended her invite to me. The All Day Pass entitled me to attend the Yoga, Run and the evening Music session.

 
 
I collected my race kit on the day itself at the carnival. This comprised of a wristband and a bandanna. While the queue seemed long, it was generally fast so I did not have to wait for long. Upon reaching Sentosa's Beach Station, it was already 3.30PM. This left us with about 30 minutes to prepare ourselves for our 5KM Charity Fun Run which was to start at 4PM! Due to some errands in the morning, I had missed out on the morning yoga sessions. Therefore, in order to make full use of my ticket, I decided to say for the music concert performances which was the last segment at the AIA Glow Festival 2019.


The run began with the first wave of runners being flagged off at 4pm sharp. I was among this group of runners! The running route was a challenging one for most of us. It was hilly, and several of the slopes/running trails were directly exposed to the scorching sun! There were two hydration points along the 5KM route, both serving only water. It was pretty fine running for the first kilometre or two, but after a while the unforgiving weather took its toll on me and I was beginning to tire. OM! Running at 4pm on a sunny day, with the heat and humidity at its peak is really no joke at all. Luckily, the route was slightly shorter than 5KM, and I was thankful for this! I crossed the finishing line with a timing of just over 35 minutes. I was happy with the results, especially having to run under these challenging running conditions.


Upon finishing the run, I collected the finisher medal and was given a bottle of water to rehydrate myself too. 






After our run, I met up with Tracy and Sweetie who did not join in the run with us, prior to the music concert session. The Music Festival kicked off at 6pm with The Sam Willows. Meryl and Tracy are big fans of them! We had a great time swaying to the beat of the songs and soaking up the atmosphere, just like being at a pop concert.




We redeemed our meal credits for yummy pita bread, black bean hummus and falafels.



Though I didn’t stay for the entirety of the music festival, I still managed to enjoy myself thoroughly. Thanks AIA SINGAPORE, it was a blast Saturday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA