(Jewel Changi Airport) Singapore Tea Festival + Herit8ge - 回忆

I LOVE WEEKENDS!

 
We're back at the Jewel at Changi Airport again, after a hiatus of 3 months! Baby didn't come with me for the preview back in April, so this was an eye opener for him!


 
I was attracted by Herit8ge - which is located at the highest level, and the restaurant offers modern western cuisine with a local/contemporary twist that pays homage to old school local Singaporean flavors! 
 


 
I ordered the Kou Rou Pasta (Chinese Braised Pork Belly with Pasta) Ooh... I loved the thick stewed meat gravy!

 
Baby ordered signature Char Siew Pork Ribs. The charred grilled pork ribs were served with satay sauce and 2 local sides - Achar (South Asian pickles) and Ketupat (type of Malay dumpling made from rice). 

 
Overall, the food is decent and can be considered affordable, as compared to the other restaurants within Jewel. Thanks Tracy, for the SGD10 voucher which offset our meal! We paid SGD38 for the two of us!

 
The annual Singapore Tea Festival by Teapasar was held at Jewel Changi Airport, B1 Atrium. Being a tea lover, this is a MUST-VISIT festival, so I gathered CK, Tracy and her beau who are also tea enthusiasts to join me to explore the festival. 

 
We picked up a complimentary reusable Yixing purple clay glazed porcelain cup from teapasar’s booth. With this sampling cup, we were all ready to discover the art of tea. 

 
We were all attracted to Kittea which was founded by a Singaporean girl who has love for tea & cats. The gourmet tea blends are created with flavors inspired by cats from around the world. 

 
I love their unique packing, and I picked up a test-tube filled with Grey Earl tea leaves from their 'British Shorthair' series. It has no artificial flavorings or preservatives in their artisanal, hand-packed teas.

 
Kindred Teas are designed for gifting, and they offer amazing tea blends with gorgeous packaging. Among all the various teas from Kindred Teas, I found I liked the 'Elder & Cream' Black tea the best!

 
We also found some novel and interesting various teas at the festival. I came across an exhibitor, ‘Woobbee’ which has a retail space in Tanjong Pagar Plaza. They offer Herbal Mint (Pei Pa Koa) Milk tea, and it is definitely a leap of bravery in the bubble tea scene. Personally, I can’t accept it as I only have Pei Pa Koa when I have a sore throat or a bad cough! 

 
The 1872 Clipper Tea came out with a Special Edition Tea Set in conjunction with our upcoming National Day! The tea set is aptly named 'Flavours of Singapore - A Singaporean Breakfast', and the set consists of 2 tin cans of flavored tea leaves consisting of 'Kaya Toast' and 'Teh Tarik'!

 
The 'Kettle Gourmet' offers local flavoured Popcorn, and two of the ones that I tried were 'Teh Tarik' & 'Chicken Rice'! To my utter surprise, the Chicken Rice popcorn really did taste like the real deal!

 
Fossa Chocolate is teaming up with Pekoe & Imp in brewing special-tea chocolates. Now, you can enjoy both Tea and chocolate in just one bite! 

 
I had a great time exploring the tea festival with my friends. We sampled various teas from the booths. Most of the brands in this festival are retailing online, and and they were founded by young local entrepreneurs! I am glad that I visited this event, and I am looking forward to next year's edition! See you next year, SGTEAFEST! 

Comments

Wow this place is gorgerous.

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA