Dinner at Katsuya + café hopping at Curious Palette + SUO Foodies Makan Gathering

Our love for tonkatsu brought us to Katsuya again, which is located at the East Coast Road (Katong area).



What I won't miss out on when I visit Katsuya is the Buta Kakuni - a side dish of fatty pork belly that is so soft that one's chopstick will go right through it! It's simmered in an appetizing savory-sweet soya sauce. Baby again commented that he could probably finish this dish off with a bowl of white rice as a meal!


I had the Dori & Ebi Katsu Curry, and it tasted delicious!


Baby had the flavorful Rosu & Ebi. Do remember to eat the crispy meat with Japanese mustard, as it will enhance the meat to taste even better!


The damage was pretty pricey, and this meal cost us more than a hundred dollars!


I had a girls’ date out with S and I, and we settled at Curious Palette which is tucked away at the end of Prinsep Street. Curious Palette is a quaint brunch café-restaurant.

I love the interior of the café, as it has a good mix of rustic, heavy wooden furniture, lush greenery, cement flooring and hanging light bulbs.


We ordered Prawn Mentaiko Belacan Pasta, Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich and Homemade Fish Fingers and Buttermilk Waffles with Maple Syrup and Fresh Fruits.


The damage was about SGD116 for 2 mains, a side, a dessert, a glass of Hot Chocolate, Cold Brew - Sea Salt Chocolate and a glass of Chai Latte.


Thanks buddies for the lovely companionship, do keep in touch and meet up soon!


Usually, I will try to cook on weekends while Baby cooks on weekdays. He is still working 2-3 days from home on alternate weeks. We tend to dine out on those days we both have to return to the office.


Both of us enjoy home-cooked food, and we went to the supermarket on a random day after our work. I bought Cabbage and Bacon Strips from Fairprice and a packet Okonomiyaki Mix, Okonomiyaki Sauce, Seaweed flakes, seaweed strips and Bonito Flakes from Daiso. 


Apart from the Okonomiyaki, I also prepared some Hakata Ramen and added some cabbages and crab sticks too. I am glad that everything turned up pretty well, and we will have more of this often in the near future!


I joined the SUO Foodies group via Telegram, as this platform is meant for SUO Owners to get to know the people who live in the same condominium. We use this platform to chat on food and share the locations on yummy food almost every day!

After chatting for almost a year, one of the neighbors initiated and organized a makan session. Each one of us brought a potluck item to this gathering, and I felt this was a great a great opportunity to make new friends and get to see them face to face. Both Baby and I decided to join in the gathering.

One of the neighbors, KO booked the function room for the evening slot gathering. Everyone slowly made
their way from their unit to the function room with their food.


Some yummy food which people brought were Sponge Cake from Uncle Lee Confectionery, Wah Soon Kei Carrot Cake, Fook Kin Roasted Delights, Orh Nee Tart from June Bakery and Ann Chin Handmade Popiah.


I loved the Crispy Carrot Cake with Wok Hei and Extra Chye Poh. Do try them out at their location at Katong Shopping Centre.


I enjoyed the makan gathering session very much, and we had a great 4 hours sharing our food experiences with one another! Lastly, thanks for the yummy food recommendation!


Lastly, I end my post with this home-assembled Club Sandwich prepared by my Baby, and it was for my weekend brekkie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA