All about food...

It's been a long time since I last visited Kay Lee Roast Meat Joint, so Baby suggested going there for lunch on a random weekend… We had the White Radish with Spare Rib Soup, and it completed our meal…
 
 
We ordered the Meat Platter for 2 which consisted of Char Siew and Roast Pork Belly. Kay Lee Roast Meat Joint is well-known for their Charred Char Siew. The Roast Pork Belly was well seasoned and it was tender and flavorful. I love the crispy skin (uber sinful).

 
As a whole, I love the super dark Char Siew. It was charred and the coating is caramelized wonderfully with a layer of soft fat around the succulent meat.
 
 
A promising and comfort meal for me will be Char Siew with steamed rice, drained with thick and rich Hoisin-like gravy sauce. The damage was SGD25, and it was kinda pricey. Oh well, if you are a fan of roasted meats, then it is pretty worth spending on…
 
 
Café de Hong Kong is one of our regular food haunts that we have not visited for a very long time. My place was pretty near to Balestier Road which is where the eatery place is located.

 
This time, we had beef!! We ordered the Beef Brisket, and it tasted pretty alright…

 
Steamed Beancurd with Prawn and Minced Meat is my favorite dish, and I love the topping (roe) very much. Steamed dishes are always being regarded as healthy choices, therefore it is a MUST-ORDER item for us as both of us are health conscious.

 
As this was my birthday celebration dinner, as per Baby, he insisted to order the noodles for me to celebrate my birthday as he said it is a MUST to eat noodles on one’s birthday…
 
Here you go and my Baby ordered a plate of Fried Ee Mee with Mushroom to complete our meal, and the damage was 37-ish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA