All about food!!

It's a girls dinner night out for me with Claressa and Jas Jas. We arranged a meet up at Far East Square as Claressa is craving for Ja Jang Myun. She did some researching and she discovered a gem that serves awesome Ja Jang Myun.

Claressa made a reservation at Dong Bang Hong Korean Chinese Restaurant for the trio of us. It is located at Pekin Street, Far East Square and they are known for their yummlicious Ja Jang Myun.
 
 
All of us had Ja Jang Myun!!

 
I had the signature Ja Jang Myun with Pork, but there is no pork meat bits at all only onion. I still enjoyed my meal as a whole. The black sauce was robust, and it tasted a tad of salty and sweet at the same time. I love the texture of the noodles loads. Thumbs up!! I will be back for more Ja Jang Myun, but the next time, I will add some chilli powder for my indulgence dosage.

 
 As usual for Korean Restaurants, Ban Chan (kimchi and pickled radish) were served together as part of the meal which can be replenished... The damage was pretty decent!! 
 
 
Early this year, I met up with Clarissa to do our belated Christmas Exchange, and we had our dinner at Woo Jung Korean Charcoal BBQ which is also located at Far East Square. It is just a short distance from Dong Bang Hong Korean Chinese Restaurant.
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
Another of Baby's recommendations, as he patronized Lee Fun Nam Kee Soya Sauce Chicken a few years ago. This eatery place is located at Blk 94 Toa Payoh Lorong 4. 

  
We ordered the Soya Sauce Chicken. The chicken meat looked juicy and succulent, and it tasted amazing good. The highlight is the gooey, rich, brown gravy which enhanced the whole dish. The chicken meat was tender and smooth that it basically melts in my mouth.  

 
The Dumpling Soup (Sui Kow Tong) was nice too. The chilli sauce is a MUST as it gave a fabulous note to the fragrant chicken rice. It tasted wonderful. 

 
We had some sides to go along too... We ordered the traditional mixed roasts - Char Siew and Siew Bak. They tasted good but were a little dry. 

 
I don't like bean sprouts without plucking the heads and tails off, but the Bean Sprouts which the restaurant serves are topped with cubes of crispy pork lard. It is sinful but a pleasureable one Hahaha!! The bean sprouts were crunchy and tasted perfect with the sesame oil and light soy gravy. I have to say they are pretty addictive. *BEWARE*
 
I enjoyed my dinner at Lee Fun Nam Kee Soya Sauce Chicken and I personally feel that it is probably the best in Singapore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA