[Japan trip] 1-Day Tour : Mount Fuji - Hakone

It has been a month or so since my return from my holiday in Japan, and before I blog about my full Tokyo Experience, I want to start off my first travel blog post on my One-Day-Tour at Hakone. Thanks so much to my Baby for arranging this wonderful tour for me! I had a SUGOI day at Hakone! If you like hot spring (onsen), then Hakone is a place that you shouldn't miss!


 Prior to the departure for my Japan trip, my Baby purchased a Day's tour to MOUNT FUJI - HAKONE online from a Japanese Tour agency called JAPANiCAN, and it cost about SGD300plus for both of us. You can check out the others tours that they have in JAPANiCAN.com 

 
Our day tour occurred on the 2nd last day of our holiday, we had to wake up pretty early in the morning in order to catch the bus at Shinjuku Bus Terminal at 7.45am, which would take us to Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. The itinerary was given to us when we reached the meeting point.


Baby got me a pack of sweet kuchen as we took a coach ride which was about 2hrs from Tokyo to Hakone.


When we were approaching our destination, and I was amazed by the scenery, did you see the shape of the majestic mountain, Mt. Fuji and its capped snow peak?


Apart from the nice view, I also spotted many cherry blossom trees along the roadside...


I was very thrilled as cherry blossom trees were everywhere in Hakone as it was pretty hard to see a decent one in Tokyo city.

  
Hakone is famous for onsen (hot springs), natural beauty and the view of nearby Mount Fuji, Hakone is one of the most popular destinations among Japanese and international tourists looking for a break from Tokyo.


Upon reaching Mount Fuji Visitor Centre, we stopped by at a hotel which was included in the tour for an authentic Japanese-Styled lunch. It tasted great, and I enjoyed it very much. 






We continued our coach ride as it brought us to the first stop for Mount Fuji, which was situated at 1,291m above sea, and we posed for some photos.


  
Our tour included a cruise ride at Lake Ashi (Ashinoko). The ride offers beautiful views of Mount Fuji and nice mountain scenery.



 I purchased many things there, mostly on snacks and cute accessories. Take a look below for some of the items! Things in Hakone are relatively cheaper as compared to Tokyo City, and all I can say that I simply love the traditional packaging of the foodstuffs that were on display in the shop in Hakone.  









We headed up to Hakone Komagatake Ropeway, and we took a cable car to go up to Mountain Top Plaza, Hakone Mototsumiya which is 1327m above sea-level. Do ensure you have enough layers of clothes to keep yourself warm as it was pretty cold when I was there.


Unfortunately, I had an obscured view of Mount Fuji due to the cloudy weather, but nevertheless I still had a great experience at Hakone.



I just can’t get enough of Cherry Blossom and this was the main reason why I decided to travel to Japan in April. Alright, I shall end my post with a series of shots of the magnificent and Japan’s very owned Cherry Blossom

Thanks for reading :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA