[food review] Station One Leisure Café, Mount Austin, JB

Happy New Year! After a long weekend holiday, I am back at work...However! I am looking forward to my birthday trip as well as the Chinese New Year to take my workload off my mind!
 
Baby and I spent our New Year's Eve at Johor Bahru, Malaysia as we were invited by Ms Chloe, to visit the Station One Leisure Café for a sumptuous food tasting at Mount Austin, JB

 
The café is spacious with a homely and unpretentious setting, and it offers indoor and outdoor seatings. For this cosy tasting, the 5 of us (Tracy, YX, Kim and RKM) were arranged for an indoor seating. 

 
Upon entering the café, we were greeted by the outlet manager, Mr Fai and he told us to order our drinks from their menu. Their array of selection in the menu is enough to leave you spoilt for choice! 

 
We started off with bread and soups. The first soup which was served to us was the Creamy Mushroom Soup (RM6).

 
Baby and I prefer the Seafood Chowder Soup (RM11) as it tasted more flavorful as compared to the mushroom soup. I enjoyed having my soup with the Roasted Garlic Butter Panini (RM7). The soup enhanced the taste of the panini. On hindsight, it also tasted great on its own.

 
The Chicken Parmigiana (RM25) tasted more like a pizza due to an excessive usage of cheese on this dish. I personally felt the weirdness of the sauce combination - tomato and black pepper, left me feeling rather full prematurely after a few servings. Generally, I'm not very good with cheese, so cheese lovers may enjoy this dish though! 

 
The Salsa Salmon Steak (RM33) was a tad too dry for my taste-buds, but the taste was okay. Perhaps with more gravy, I would have enjoyed it better

 
On the other hand, Baked Almond Salmon Steak - Honey Mustard (RM33) worked for me as I felt that the cooking method was unique and the taste was pretty quaint too!

 
My favorite dish during the food tasting was the Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Fried Rice (RM16). It was awesomely good, and the taste of the rice won our hearts over! This is definitely a 'MUST-TRY' if you are visiting the eatery place. 

 
I love the presentation of the Tempura Fish Fillet Pandan Rice (RM16). Nonetheless, there is still some room for improvement as the steamed rice could have had a stronger Pandan flavor. Kudos to the tempura fish fillet and of course I loved their sambal chili. 

 
This dish also comes in other options such as Crispy Chicken Chop and Rendang Chicken. 
 
 
If you are a huge carnivore and meat lover, then you might love the Mix Grilled Platter (RM39). It is a generous platter which consists of lamb, chicken chop, sausage and french fries. A great platter for sharing indeed! 

 
Lastly, the Grilled Chicken Chop with Rice (RM17) left a nice impression on me too. I love the well-marinated Chicken Chop and the fragrant rice. The teriyaki sauce added an extra flavor to the entire dish, and it was worth both my thumbs up! 

 
We ended our tasting with a slice of Oreo Cheesecake, and it tasted decent! 

 
I think Station One Leisure Cafe's whips up Asian food fare better than Western food, as the taste of the Salted Egg Seafood Fried Rice was still lingering in me! Thanks to Station One for having us and kudos to Mr Fai for being a wonderful host! 

For more information on Station One Leisure Cafe, please visit http://www.stationone.com.my/ or their official Facebook Page
 
Station One Leisure Café
No.32A & 36, Jalan Austin Height 3/2
Taman Mount Austin 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Opens from 11am - 1am daily
Tel: 07-3647925

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA