Sesame Street Run made its debut in Singapore!

The popular American children’s television show - Sesame Street is celebrating its 50th anniversary, and the world’s first Sesame Street Run Tour made its stop in Singapore as part of its Southeast Asia tour following a successful run in the Philippines.
 
I was a fan of Elmo and am still a fan of him. He has always been a part of my childhood memories. The Sesame Street Run made its debut in Singapore at Our Tampines Hub (OTH), and I wanted to grab this opportunity to relive my childhood memories by meeting my favorite beloved Sesame Street characters.

 
Hay Boy, my nephew is a fan of Sesame Street too, and his favourite characters are Cookie Monster and Oscar. I brought him along for the run as well. The response of the inaugural Sesame Street Run was pretty good! Thanks for the kind slots for both Hay Boy and myself! 

 
Together with Hay Boy, we made our way to OTH to pick up our race pack. The collection of the race pack was pretty smooth though some items were missing from our race pack goodies. We were told to do the collection for the balance items on the race day itself. I saw many parents signing up together with their kids, as this is a good start to relay messages to kids on the importance of regular exercising and staying healthy.


 
Baby sent us to the running event venue. Prior to our run, we witnessed a giant birthday cake ceremony! The celebration set off on a happy note as the participants serenaded Sesame Street characters with a Happy Birthday song.

 


 
It was pretty crowded even after we crossed the start line, and we had to walk/slow jog for the entire journey due to the pavement being too narrow to run. it was a bit suprising todiscover that the roads were not entirely closed by the the organizers. unfortunately, I fely that safety wise, it was definitely not suitable for young children at all. Luckily, Hay Boy is still pretty obedient to follow my instructions which I had set for him before the run commenced. 

 
We came back within 45 minutes and we were given our finisher medals upon reaching the finish line. 


 
YAY! I am so happy to receive my fourth running medal in 2019. This is Hay Boy’s first 5km run, and he is definitely looking forward to more running events in the future. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA