[HKG Holiday] Hong Kong Avenue of Comic Stars at Kowloon Park, Tsim Sha Tsui

It has been more than a year since I came back from my Hong Kong trip, and before I blog about my full travel experience, let me share with you guys some random photos which were taken at the Avenue of Comic Stars. It was opened in 2012, and the location is at the Kowloon Park, Tsim Sha Tsui.



Unlike Japan’s manga and anime heroes (eg: Sailor Moon, One Piece or even Pokémon), Hong Kong’s comic and cartoon figures are largely unknown outside of the country.



The exhibit of statues characters is to promote their local comic industry, and to give recognition as well as pay tribute to the Hong Kong comic artists who have contributed to the local art scene. 









The Avenue of the Comic Stars features statues of famous Hong Kong comic book characters. I do have to admit that my knowledge about Hong Kong comic characters is quite limited but I found them pretty awesome



Old Master Q (老夫子)


Cloud (步驚雲) from Storm Riders – this was the most elaborate and detailed figurine along this avenue! I was so impressed with it!




Guo Jing (郭靖) - The Legend of the Condor Heroes 


I shall end my post by taking a photo against the McDull (麥兜as he is my all-time fave childhood cartoon character from Hong Kong! 


If you visit Hong Kong, which I highly encourage, don’t miss out on the Avenue of the Comic Stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA