[part 1] My second month of Circuit Breaker's Journey

It's been another of month of the Circuit Breaker, and time sure flies fast! I am into my second month of working from home (WFH), and staying home seems to be a lot easier for me now. 

For my daily breakfast, my Baby will usually prepare toast and tea for me. Recently we tried buying some frozen savory meat pies from the Supermarket, which I felt was okay. Every other day we would have fast food deliveries or take out from the nearby food centres for variety.


I mostly kill my time during the Circuit Breaker by watching dramas online. I used to watch dramas from China, Taiwan and Korea, but now I find Thai Dramas are really interesting!


Here’s my favourite Thai drama entries (do click the link to find out more about the drama!) 


Since the Circuit Breaker started, many of us were stuck at home which means less physical activities. Baby still ensured that we have enough exercises during this period. I still go for weekend late afternoon runs and I do sit-ups as well as stomach exercises at night before going to bed. Oh well, I still having snacks during some cheat days! 


I have been taking sufficient supplements to protect myself during the period! I’m presently taking Low Acid Vitamin C chewable tablets from the Holistic Way! It supports the body immune system as well as protects us against free radical damage. I love the delicious natural orange flavor! 


Lately, we started to order groceries online. Buying things such as Basmati Rice, dishwasher detergent, hand-wash liquid and other various house hold products on Shopee is pretty easy. They offer great savings and deals, so do check it out!


Mum Vi also started to buy vegetables online from Pasir Panjang Wet Market distribution Centre, and the delivery was prompt! OM! I love the fresh vegetables Delivery (2 boxes consists of many different types of vegetables!)


Mum Vi still continues to cook either lunch or dinner for us almost everyday!


Fried Udon with Chicken and Capsicum 


Stir-fried with French Beans and Egg Tofu 


Home-cooked Dinner - Pig Trotter Bee Hoon without garnishing that has a homely feel. The sticky gravy from the canned pig trotter blended well with the Bee Hoon which tasted heavenly delicious! I love the 'wok hei' which gave it an excellent fragrance! Thumbs up!


Fried Ee Mee


Thanks Mum Vi for preparing the Glutinous Rice Balls with Ginger Soup for our dessert indulgence. I love the Steamed Yam with Pork Belly and Stir-fried Greenies with Golden Mushrooms very much! 


Steamed Mui Choy with Pork Belly 


Red Onion Omelette 


A simple Fried Rice with Chinese Sausages for dinner can really make my day, especially after a tiring day at 'work'.






  
Curry Chicken in the process of being cooked up! Good things come to those who wait, and this Malaysian-style Curry Chicken tasted really yummy! 


We had steamboat for dinner on one of the random weekends during this CB period. Baby and I went out to get some steamboat food items for our dinner. We did all the preparation for the dinner as a way to thank Mum Vi for cooking for us. 


Tsui Wah is offering a promotion for any order of three main course items for only SGD35. Therefore, we made use of this opportunity to obtain some savings for our dinner. It tasted pretty decent and I also love the way they packed the food, which was very professional!


During the Circuit Breaker period, I started to explore eatery places that I have never heard or tried before. By using the Food Panda App for the first time, we got a 50% discount for being a new customer! Baby and I decided to try Nong Nying Thai Kitchen for some Thai cuisine. I ordered Pad Thai with Prawn and Baby had Basil Chicken with Rice. We also shared a side dish - Fried Prawn Cake. The food was pretty decent, and I will visit their premises for dining in once it is safe again. 


East Bistro is giving a 20% off discount for self take out! Therefore we made use of this opportunity to get it for our Sunday brunch. Surprisingly, it tasted as good as dining in at their premises! 


Mum Vi also made roasted pork to go with our dim sum brunch. I loved the crackling sound from the crispy skin. Thanks ya! 



Mum Vi loves Peking Duck, so we decided to get that from Tung Lok XiHe Peking Duck restaurant which is located at The Grandstand for a Mother’s Day Celebration! We placed our order in advance for a pick up, and a 20% discount was given!


Apart from the whole Peking Duck, we also had their Signature Braised Beancurd with Monkey Head Mushrooms and Siew Mai. Our dinner was still pretty decent, although the Peking duck was not as tasty as it normally was when dining in at the premises. Overall it was still acceptable. The damage was only SGD87. 


Chin Sin Huan is located at Jalan Besar and it is known for its mini-sized Char Siew Buns with moist pork fillings at an affordable price of 80cents. I decided to go there to take-out some buns and Chicken Glutinous Rice (Lo Mai Gai) for my family.


 I love their Chicken Glutinous Rice very much, as it definitely tasted way better than the typical ones off the supermarket shelves. The meaty chunks were succulent and and tender. The preparation was well executed and it was delicious!


Pure Origins Leatherwood Honey is a rare and unique organic premium honey, found only in the heart of the Tarkine in the pristine Tasmanian wilderness. It is cold extracted to ensure the bold aroma flavor and to retain the natural benefits of the honey. It is 100% Pure Australian honey, therefore you can be sure of the highest quality as well as the guarantee of retaining all the beneficial nutritional properties!


 Lately, I have been taking one teaspoon of Leatherwood Honey every night for general health benefits on a regular basis. It helps me to increase my immunity and resistance during this crucial period! Thanks Honey City SG once again for sending over the product!


OMG! I miss my niece so much! I can only see her via face-time. She has grown so much since I last saw her around 2 months ago!


I will continue the part 2 - second month of my CB journey!

Comments

I am curious sakura pocky!

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA