Christmas gathering at Builders Café + Materially Fair at OUE Downtown Gallery + Lunch at Chen’s Mapo Tofu

Thanks for the smooth delivery to our unit! We simply can’t wait to try out the uplifting Italian taste of Peroni Nastro Azzuro!


It is always nice to enjoy beer during the festive season, and we enjoyed them with out guests at the pool.



Both Baby and I attended the Materially Fair which was held at OUE Downtown Gallery, and we managed to find a good deal for a digital lock for our main door by eazea.


 

Thanks for the goodies that I received from this event, with a special shoutout to Floor Melody for their Digital Temperature Display Thermal Flask, Gush for a tub of Air-Purifying Paint, eazea for a Notebook, and Lamitak Studio for the foldable recycled bag!



After the fair, we went for our lunch at the same premises. We settled for Chen's Mapo Tofu which has links to the two-Michelin Starred Sichuan fine dining restaurant 'Shinsen Hanten'!


This eatery place is definitely much more casual than Shinsen Hanten, and it offers Sichuan-inspired donburi, noodles, and sides at affordable prices. This includes their signature Mapo Tofu, which was awarded a Michelin Bib Gourmand in 2019



Baby had their Signature Combo which came with a half portion of their award-winning Mapo Tofu over rice, and a half portion of their Tan Tan Mian.




I had the Mapo Tofu with Noodles. We added on two sides to go along our main courses. We ordered the Szechwan Popcorn Chicken and Gyoza. The Popcorn Chicken was pretty addictive, while I personally felt the Gyoza was normal and nothing to shout about.



The damage was about SGD40, and we will be back again for dinner, most probably next year, when we resume heading back to the office!



Poppy recently arranged a Christmas gathering with me and Meryl, and we asked Chewy to join in the gathering. in the gathering. It was a great catch up! We've finally broken the chains of having our gatherings being set at PS Café for the last two years! This time round, we were at Builders Café. This was their first time at the café, but not for me as I have been here umpteen times due to the café being in close proximity to my place!





We had a really fabulous time hanging out, especially since our last meet up with Poppy was during the first quarter of 2021. I am looking forward for our next meet up! Thanks girls for the lovely gifts!


Thanks Pontian Noodles Malaysia for the opportunity to try out these sliced noodles - pumpkin flavor even before it is available in SG!

 


It offers a wide selection of pre-packed noodles which comes in different variations, such as buckwheat, sweet potato, spinach, whole-meal and of course the pumpkin one! It contains no artificial colors, flavors, trans fats and preservatives.



I prepared a fusion lunch for myself, and I added fish dumplings to my noodles. I topped it with Mentaiko and Furikake as well!




Throwback to a random weekend, where we drove to Marina Terrace for brekkie, we had the popular 'Lontong' from Ole Ole Bumbu.



I end my post with our recent Thai fix at Took Lae Dee which is located at 18 Tai Seng. We enjoyed the authentic Thai food that the eatery place offered.




Lastly, I brought S to a Japanese restaurant - Kinsa which located at PLQ for her birthday celebration, and I'm glad that she enjoyed the food. Happy birthday to you, and many happy returns!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA