[EXCURSION] Singapore Philatelic Museum

Another fulfilled weekend injecting myself with loads of Singapore’s history… I used to collect stamps during my school days, but I eventually neglected it ever-since I stepped into society as a working adult, I have no more time to invest in my hobby as there are so much more things to do during my free time…
 
 
The Singapore Philatelic Museum is located along Coleman Street, a mere 2-3 minute walk from the Peranakan Museum. The collection in the museum is ranges from stamps and archival philatelic material of Singapore from the 1830s to present day. Apart from the local stamps, it also offers a wide array of stamps from around the world.
 
 
Singapore Philatelic Museum opened its door to the public with a mission to stimulate interest in stamps and promote the awareness and appreciation of Singapore's history and heritage.
 
 
This museum is a treat for both stamp and non-stamp collectors. The collectors will be enchanted with the fine collection of stamps, local and international and even the first day covers. For non-collectors, the museum is a showcase for the rich and enduring traditions and cultures of multi-ethnic Singapore captured on stamps, postcards and visuals.

 
Singapore Philatelic Museum is a nice little museum to gain a little bit more knowledge on Singapore's history and postal stamps.





 
I am amazed by the vast of stamp and first day cover collections at the museum.  

 
 Stamps are miniature pieces of art featuring significant events, history and heritage of a country.








 
Upon stepping into the Heritage Room, I was greeted by the 'shop-house', and it illustrates the background and the culture of Singapore's migrants and races.

 
I immersed myself in the bygone era of Singapore through the exhibits.


 
Ending my post with a 100CENTS worth of SINGAPORE STAMP featuring my Baby's funny expression... Hahahaha!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA