[random] Café-hopping :Plain Vanilla Bakery + movie date - Despicable Me 3

On this extended long weekend, Baby and I visited the 'Horse-Shoe' Block which is located at the Tiong Bahru Area. I loved the feel of the charming rustic old estate, and this Heritage Trail was a pretty nifty place to visit!
 

 
Tiong Bahru is famous for the café-hopping, and we visited one of the cafés that were located here along Yong Siak Street. 

 
The Plain Vanilla Bakery is simplistically quaint and charming, and they offer a wide selection of cupcakes! 


 
We ordered a Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cupcake and a Peanut Butter Cookie. We rounded up our afternoon tea with a cup of 'Summer Blend' black tea. The damage was SGD12. 


 
I like spending time with my Baby, and one of the things I love to do is to watch movie together. Our Saturday movie night-out was to catch the latest movie, 'Despicable Me 3'. 


 
This movie tells the story of the ex-villain, Gru who teams up with his twin brother whom he has never met before, to fight against a child star who used to be famous in the 1980's, but has now become a horrible villain. 
 
Gru's new wife, Lucy (voice by Kristin Wiig) is trying to be a good Mother to her 3 adopted daughters and I could see the show spent some time developing on this angle. However I felt that the relationship between Gru and his daughters was slightly less in this latest movie.

 
The plot is super fun as usual, and using bubblegum as a weapon is a novel idea! 
 
 
There are some good bits in this movie, whereby the villain Balthazar Bratt's theme is the retro 80's. He completes his look with shoulder pads, pump sneakers and various 80s pop tunes! Some of the music in the movie is classics, such as Michael Jackson, Madonna and Olivia Newton. 

 
One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when the Minions entered a studio and performed a song in their cute lingo! A very funny scene to me! 
 
 
The ending of this movie left a possibility for a 4th series, and I am crossing my fingers for a good one! 

I end my post with a family dinner at Sum Kee Food which is located at Yeo's building. 

 
Lastly, thanks for Vichy Laboratories for the one-week try out of Mineral 89 Daily Booster (serum)! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA