[random] JB food day trip + TGIF dinner at Keng Eng Kee SeafoodRestaurant

Jess Baby loves FRIDAYS! TGIF...


After a long hiatus, Baby and I finally re-visited Keng Eng Kee (KEK) Seafood Restaurant for our after work Fri-date dinner. KEK Seafood offers delicious home-cooked fare which is wallet friendly. We ordered my favorite dish, which just so happens to also be one of the signature dishes at KEK. It's none other than the Moonlight Hor Fun, and it is always in our MUST ORDER list!


Thanks Baby for the dinner treat and I appreciated it very much! After dinner, we did some shopping at Anchorpoint. Baby got me a pair of ear studs from TYPO. Yes, I felt his LO-VE surrounding around me LOL! 


I headed out for a day trip to Johor Bahru on the Vesak Day Holiday! I wore one of my favourite earrings from Forever 21, which features a LOVE  ❤️  shape! I got it from Forever 21! There were some custom delays at the checkpoint, and it took us 45mins to enter JB from Baby's apartment! Happy Holidays


The most looked forward meal for me on a non-working weekday morning is to have a wonderful brekkie to start a brand new day. My sweetest Baby fulfilled my request, and we drove in to JB, Malaysia on a public holiday. We went to our favorite joint, Restoran Yit Foh for Wanton Noodles. This eatery place serves very delicious Wanton Noodles, and we have never failed to visit this place whenever we drive in... 
The egg noodles tasted really good with the seasoning sauce. They blended well with each other. The freshly home-made Char Siew and preserved green chilli are worth a mention too!


I love the piping hot soup with generous portions of wantons the best! Our wonderful weekend brekkie was satisfied by a plate of delicious wanton mee and a big sharing bowl of Wanton Soup


On reflection, i first visited this eatery way back in 2009-2010, and after all these years the food quality still never fails to impress me! The only thing is, I notice the prices have gone up tremendously as compared to my first visit 8 or 9 years ago. Nevertheless, the price is still pretty affordable due to our strong currency exchange, but most importantly I love the wanton mee very much!


To beat the jam during the customs clearance, we decided to end our day early, and we had an early dinner at Sushi Mentai which is also located at Mount Austin. The sushi on the conveying belt was charged per coloured plate used (yellow plates re at RM1.80 & red plates are at RM2.80.) Apart from the sushi, we also ordered some food items from the menu! 








We had a filling meal and the damage was pleasant to our pocket! 


Mum V got me a pair of butterfly earrings, and they looked lovely. Thanks for the gift!


I picked up 2 pairs of earrings from Chamelon at Causeway Point, and they cost me less than SGD8. I think their earrings are as good as those that are sold at ARTBOX Singapore, yet they are very chic and affordable!


I end my post with my lunch with Su Ni and Ivy at Kimchi Korean Restaurant, and I had Seafood Jiggae which comes with free flow of banchan and drink which cost me SGD14. Lastly, check out my favorite Fried Carrot Cake at Kampung Admiralty, which is located very near to the MRT. It tasted great and addictive!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA