[Happy 2022] Violet Oon Restaurant + Akira Back

I was searching for a fancy spot on where I could enjoy nice afternoon tea with my Baby before we bid goodbye to 2021. We decided on Violet Oon Restaurant which is located at ION Orchard. I made the reservations weeks prior to the date, as I feared that it might run full house! I heard many rave reviews online about this legendary Peranakan restaurant and was excited to try it!



The high tea set serves 2-pax and was SGD58 ++ in total. It also included 2 pots of selectable tea which was refillable with hot water. Both of us are tea lovers and tea plays a huge part in an afternoon tea session.




The house-made scones were served with clotted cream and flavored jams which came in Pineapple as well as Calamansi. In general, I prefer the traditional Plain scones to the Gula Melaka scones.







All in all, the high tea at Violet Oon is rather unique, so I would recommend it, if you are looking for an afternoon tea with a twist! We had a perfect dining experience at Violet Oon!




As we grow older, we find that NYE is not about just having a 'Countdown', but is more akin to having a reflection on what we have achieved and to start planning on goals for the New Year.



This New Year is the first 'New Year' we welcomed in together in our new ‘love nest’. Baby brought me to a posh restaurant to celebrate our New Year Day’s lunch at Akira Back which is located at JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach





We ordered a festive lunch for 2 at SGD158++, and there were 7 items in the set lunch. We began with the Tuna Pizza, and I love the very crispy crust topped with thinly sliced tuna, flavoured with truffle oil. It was an addictive pizza, and it’s impossible to stop at one slice.










I love the unique Hirame Carpaccio, and apart from the set lunch’s food items, Baby ordered an additional food item, Seared Diver Scallops from the ala carta menu, and each bite-sized juicy scallop tasted fresh and sweet. 








I look forward to having more celebrations together in the coming years. I really appreciate baby making plans in 2021 to celebrate all the events in our life, such as my birthday, our anniversary, Valentine's and even Christmas! He made it special even though we've had to shelve our plans due to travel restrictions. I love being with him as he has always placed me as a priority, put up with my bad temper, and has always taken care of my well-being. I love you Baby-Hubby! Muaks



The damage was about SGD200-ish, and thanks Baby for being a pillar whenever I am in need of support or facing setbacks. After our meal, we took many random photos at JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach before leaving the premises.



R invited Baby and I over to her place for a meal gathering on the second day of 2022, and her parents prepared lunch for us. Thanks for having us!





We loved the Beef Rendang, Chicken Merah and Sambal Udang. Both of us enjoyed the food spread very much!





Lastly, I end my post with my NYE’s lunch bento from my company! I love the drinks from Gryphon Tea which was included in the bento!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA