2014 CNY Celebration

捞鱼生 is essential during the Chinese New Year (CNY) period, as we, Chinese believe that the higher one tosses the Yu Sheng, the better luck we will have for the entire year of 2014.


Every year, Baby needs to go back to KL, M'sia to visit his relatives, and therefore we decided to go for our mini Lo Hei celebration between the two of us a day before CNY Eve. Baby picked up the 发财鱼生 from Sakae Sushi, as we wanted to do it somewhere else.

  捞鱼生, 捞个风生水起, 发大财。。。


This year, my company distributed a carton of oranges to all the employees, and to celebrate this joyous festive, our MD gave us a 'Ang Bao' each. Thanks so much HMM!!


My Brother, Henry snapped a photo of my OOTD on first day of CNY for me...


All my accessories are in red, as red color is an auspicious color to the Chinese. I love my Coach Hobo and my Red/Gold Bangle very much. 


On the first day of CNY, my family and I visited my Big Aunt, (father's eldest sister), and she stay at Tampines area, and we had our lunch there. After that, we headed down to Toa Payoh to visit my Godma whom is Mommy's elder sister. 


There were 12 of us (inclusive of my cousins and nephews), and with my brother's help, Godma whipped up many delicious dishes, and we had a delightful dinner...


Baby came back on the second day of CNY, and we went for our first dinner together in the Year of Horse 2014. We decided on our CNY dinner at Dian Xiao Er - Vivo City mainly because I miss the Herbal Roasted Duck very much...


We had Soup of the Day...


And of course, I will never forget my favorite, Signature Angelica Herbs Roasted Duck. It still tasted as good as before. I love the flavorful herbal gravy, as it enhanced the duck meat better and it also complemented my white rice well too.


Apart from our usual orders, soup and Roasted Duck, we ordered the Dian Xiao Er Beancurd too. The gravy was pretty tasty and what I like most about this dish is it is not oily at all. This definitely sounds great for all ladies who are watching their weight and at the same time looking for good food.  


I love the Stir-Fried French Beans with Dried Shrimps loads!!


After our dinner, we went to H&M as there are some sales promotions going on. I bought this outfit for my 开工大吉 on the fourth day of CNY. 


HUAT AR!!

祝贺大家马年行好运, 一马当先!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA