[food review] Restoran Tak Fok Hong Kong Seafood - Gourmet Hunter KL

I was glad to be invited by the Gourmet Hunter KL for a sumptuous food tasting at Restoran Tak Fok Hong Kong Seafood which is located at Kepong. This restaurant offers a great selection of Cantonese Cuisine and various cooking methods of crabs, such as cheese, butter, black pepper and even salted eggs at an affordable price. Never forget to mention, my new bosom friend, Shirley, who did a lot of the arrangement for me to have my first-ever food tasting experience in KL, and major props and thanks to her!


I was greeted by the on-going promotion at the entrance!




Beside the crabs, the restaurant generously prepared other dishes as well!


My favorite food apart from the lovely crabs was the Mongolia Prawn Meat (RM18). Each piece tasted good and crispy, and I helped myself to several servings.


The juicy and succulent Roasted Long Bone Pork (RM28) was one of the first few food items we ate during the food tasting. The meat was tender, and it was served in a huge portion.


Steamed King Razor Clams with Garlic (RM9.80/pc) is my all-time favorite seafood dish, and is my MUST-EAT Seafood entrée at every seafood restaurant. I love how fresh the clams were, and that added a nice aroma and taste to the whole dish.


Personally I felt there was nothing to shout about Braised Grouper Fillets in Claypot (RM28), but still, it tasted pretty decent.


Salted Eggs Crabs (RM52 for 2 crabs)


I was a little disappointed as it was a tad too dry for my liking. I prefer it to be moist, although it tasted flavorful.


Butter Cheese Live Prawn Noodles (Seasonal Price)

This dish is amazing, as it tasted super delicious. I love the velvety butter cheese gravy and the generosity on the portion of the dish. The prawn was so fresh and tasty.


The Sizzling Butter Sauce Squid (RM19) was kinda spicy for me, but the big and juicy squid tempted me to have several servings.


Steamed Crab with Steamed Egg White (Seasonal Price)

 I was addicted to the steamed egg white as the taste had been enhanced by the sweetness of the crab meat. This dish was really worth my two thumbs up!


Steamed Hokkaido Squid with Garlic and Enoki Mushrooms (RM18)

 OMG, I felt this dish was slightly price, but I suppose it was a proper price to pay for such a decent long squid. As a side bonus, it was really easy to chew and it went well with the side garnish.


The Cheese Butter Crab (RM52) is really something new to me, and I loved it very much! Although it was rather sinful, but it tasted really delicious!


I love this new addition at Restoran Tak Fok, Stone Emperor Rice / Loh Mai Kai, Each mouthful burst out with flavorsome fragrant rice and I craved for more glutinous rice and Chinese sausages.


The most expensive dish during the tasting was the Prosperity Abalone Treasure Pot (Peng Cai), and the chef used the finest ingredients, such as sea cucumbers, abalones, prawns, dried oysters, fatty pork meat, duck meat chicken drumsticks, bacon wrapped with enoki mushrooms! With the amount ingredients used, I felt that the price was reasonable.

The damage for the Prosperity Abalone Treasure Pot was RM298 for 6paxs and RM498 for 8paxs.



Despite the humble and simple set-up, Restaurant Tak Fok offers the freshest and cheapest seafood in town that one will enjoy inside out.


Restoran Tak Fok Hong Kong Seafood

2-2A, Jalan Desa 1/3, Desa Aman Puri, Kepong, 52100
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
 Opening hours: 12pm-3pm ; 6pm-11pm daily. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA