A day out at Gillman Barracks + Dinner at Hokkaido Ya.

Recently, I've discovered that the vibrant art scene in Singapore is getting much better! I visited the latest Art Installation, the 'Disini Visual Art Festival' which is currently being held at Gillman Barracks. It is on-going from now till the 30th of September 2018, and no admission fee is required!

 
The most eye-catching exhibit was the Nenas Estate, DISINI Pavilion by MASH-UP, as it was the first exhibit I spotted while entering Gillman Barracks from the main road.




I really love the pastel pavillion, which is inspired by the various Singapore playgrounds of the 70s/80s.

 
A short distance walk away from the Pineapple-shaped pavilion, was the 'Chromodynamica' exhibit, by Artist Felipe Pantone.

 
I love the colours used to paint the wall, as it stood out immediately against the other monotone areas.


 
I took some random OOTDS against the 'Orkibal' exhibit, by Artist Hati Dan Perassan, which I felt was a striking and bold mural.
 

 
There is no better time to visit the Gillman Barracks for Disini Festival, as this festival curates art installations by visual artists. by visual artists. Regardless of whether you should visit for the art festival, you should still go down to the place for a visit as it is quite the photogenic place by itself. The lush greenery with rich cultural surroundings and conserved British colonial architecture is bound to be a 'Insta-worthy' hit!

 
After we were done with our 'Artsy' tour, we went to the Creamier for an Ice-cream fix to cool ourselves down from the scorching weather! I strongly recommended you guys to try out their Waffles with Ice-cream. Naturally, the Creamier is best known for their creamy and smooth ice-cream! There were many different flavors to choose from. The waffles were crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside! I really enjoyed it very much, and it is probably one of the best waffles I have ever eaten before. 

 
After a long hiatus, I finally met up with my good girlfriend, Samantha for a dinner date! While we are constantly in touch with each other via WhatsApp, meeting up in person is also absolutely essential too! We settled for a meal at the newly opened eatery place at VivoCity, Hokkaido Ya. 

 
We had a good time chatting and catching up with each other on the happenings in our lives! I am glad that our paths crossed about half a decade ago! . Thanks for being there for me always! 
 
 
I end my post with the Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair which I recently redeemed at the Aveda Experience Centre. After using it, I really feel the difference in my hair texture, and it really gave me positive hair results!

 
Lastly, I was recently at East Coast Park's Coffee Bean with CK and my Malaysian Blogger friend Sherlyn, who was in singapore for a visit! We ordered a slice of Gula Melaka Cake to share among us, and to our surprise, it tasted pretty decent! We enjoyed our chit-chat over an afternoon coffee/tea session. Thanks CK for the sweet treat! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA