[JB's cafe-hopping] The Hot Cafe + Vintage Beans

Crossing over the causeway into JB to spend the weekends are a very popular pastime with most Singaporeans, and we are no different! We love to do cafe-hopping in JB.


We settled our lunch at The Hot Cafe which is located at Danga Utama, which is situated along the Skudai Area.
 
 
We started off our meal with the popular Butterfly Pea Yuzu Drinks for the both of us


 
 Baby had Stewed Pork Ribs with Yam, which came along with white rice. I ordered the Braised Pork Belly Steamed Buns, and they tasted good! Baby enjoyed his lunch too. The total damage was RM50 and and I loved the spacious dining area which gave me a pleasurable experience.

 
I met up with my fellow JB Blogger Friends - Kim, Jiayi, Sherlyn and Alice for dinner around Danga Utama.  We took Jiayi's suggestion to try out the cafe 'The Vintage Beans 瓊香'.
 
 
 
Upon entering the premises, you will find yourself being transported back into the 70's! Per the eatery's namesake, the cafe bears a strong resemblance to that hip era, and will surely give most adults in their late 40's and onwards a flash back to their good old days! Quite the nostalgic trip!





 
We enjoyed our mains, and most of the signatures consists of variations of 'Omurice'. There are at least 8 variants to choose from the menu.
 
 
Baby ordered the Unagi Omurice, while I had Teriyaki Pork Belly Don. The Yam Roll tasted great too! 


 
Jiayi suggested this place, mainly because she wanted to try out the cafe's best-selling Hello Kitty Chocolate Fondue.

 
We took many random photos before we tucked in. The fondue is good for 3-4pax, and it cost RM59.90. 


 
 
We had a delightful gathering and I am glad that I have made more friends from our neighbouring country. Do keep in touch! Let me know when you girls come over to SG, and I will be happy to host you and bring you around for a food tour or a cafe hopping experience in Singapore!



 
Lastly, I visited the Korean Excellent Firm Fair which was held at North Atrium of Suntec City. I picked up some complimentary facial mask sheets from SSG's booth! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA