[COVID resilient - Part 01] All about meet-ups with friends + Dining with loved ones

After further easing of community measures against COVID-19, life in Singapore has generally returned to pre-pandemic days. For example, there is no more group size limits for gatherings. Of course, there are still some changes, but I think most of us have gotten used to it. Masking up is still required when taking the MRT/LRT and public buses, as well as when at indoor public transport facilities and within the premises of hospitals and polyclinics.

All Singaporeans have gone through a lot for the past 2 + years, and now we can see the fruit of our perseverance and endurance. I have almost resumed my lifestyle to what it was previously. I've met up for meal gatherings with my friends, attended big scale events and most importantly, I've been overseas multiple times this year! I feel blessed and content for everything that I have now. A big thank you for making this happen, Singapore!

I re-visited Super Thai Singapore by Soi Aroy after a fairly-long hiatus. This eatery place is located at Upper Aljunied Road which was a less than 10-minute-drive away from our residence. It is known for their yummy and authentic Thai food. I love their quality dishes at affordable prices. We had a delicious spread!

It is a real hidden gem with authentic Thai dishes! I love the King Prawn with Vermicelli in Claypot and Tom Yum Seafood Soup very much. Highly recommended!


My colleague R introduced me to a new eatery place for Sarawak Kolo Mee which is helmed by two Kuching-born hawkers, and is named after Kuching’s moniker as the City of Cats - Meow Mee (猫城古早味). It is located at Kim San Leng Coffeeshop along Geylang which is literally a short walk from Aljunied MRT.

I got the Classic KOLO Mee – Original, and it was superbly tasty. 


We added a Side Platter to go with our noodles, and the platter consists of Ngoh Hiang, which in Hokkien refers to deep fried five-spice pork roll. There was also Cheese Tofu and Fried Wanton. I loved the Ngoh Hiang the best!

The damage was SGD21 for 2 bowls of Kolo Mee and a Side Platter. It might be kinda pricey for coffeeshop fare, but I think taste wise made up for it!


Tracy and her hubby came over to visit us at our residence, so we went to nearby café - Teahouse 1973 for lunch. It is a humble café which serves traditional home recipes of culinary flavors of Penang, Malaysia with a modern twist.


I ordered the Nasi Lemak with Sambal Sotong. This ‘atas’ Nasi Lemak is beautifully plated - blue butterfly pea rice, with a dollop of sambal chilli on top. Together with other ingredients such as full-boiled egg, sotong, achar (pickled vegetables), cucumber slices and crackers (keropok). It was decent, as the butterfly pea rice was moist and fragrant. The sambal chilli gave a good kick to it too!

Baby had Penang Curry Chicken Nasi Lemak, and he enjoyed it too! 


The damage was pretty decent, as there was no GST. l will definitely come back soon, since it is within close proximity to where I am staying!


My recent weekend brekkie - Tanjong Rhu Wanton Noodles from Geylang East Food Centre (off Aljunied Road) and it tasted awesomely good! 


My random meet-up dinner with sweetie at Kazokutei Restaurant which is located at Bugis Junction to pass her the gifts I got for her during my Italy vacation. We had a great chatting session throughout our dinner date!


I end my post with my Saturday OOTD and sand-art session with the girls during the one of the neighborhood events at Ayer Rajah Community Club

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA