Dinner at Soi 47 Thai Food + Paradise Teochew

I re-visited Soi 47 Thai Food which is located at King George Road. We started off with our favorite Thai Prawn Cake, and it tasted super yummy!


We ordered a bowl of Tom Yum Cream Soup with Seafood, and the spiciness level was just right for us. It was pretty authentic, and the soup does come with generous portions of seafood, which included fried fish and large prawns.



We also ordered Fried Chicken with Honey Sauce and Prawn with Vermicelli in Claypot. The damage was SGD44 which included 2 drinks!


Paradise Teochew is located at Level 3 of Takashimaya and it offers authentic Teochew-style classic dishes 


We started off with Salted Vegetable Pig’s Stomach Pork Ribs Soup, and it was pretty a big hit for us! I simply couldn't stop once I started to taste the first sip of the soup!


When it comes to Teochew classics, Teochew Style Stewed Duck with Yam in Casserole (half duck) took centre-stage for me. After a long hour of cooking, the the duck meat was so tender that it easily pulled right off the bone. The dish also had cubes of yam which enhanced an added creamy texture to the flavorful gravy. This is definitely a chef recommended dish!


I really enjoyed the Wok-fried ‘Hor Fun’ with Kai Lan and Preserved Turnip, as it had a boost of wok hei. I especially loved the preserved turnips which added a salty crunch to the soft flat rice noodles (hor fun). It would have really scored top marks if the pork lard were a little crisper and flavourful (without awful smell/taste).


We also had Teochew styled Pan-fried and Stewed Tofu. The Tofu cubes were laid on a bed of vermicelli in a light savory sauce. Baby and I are a fan of bean curd and vermicelli, and we enjoyed it extremely! If you are a fan too, t very much. If you are a fan too, you would love this dish like I do. The generous amount of vermicelli under the bean curd soaked up the sauce which made it super tasty!

Being a Paradise Group Member, Baby was given a 40% voucher to offset the total bill. We still had to pay SGD82 for our dinner. From this damage, you can probably figure out that dining at Paradise Teochew may be a bit steep! However, although the damage was hefty but the yummy food served made up for it!


I end my post with our singing session at Crystalbelle with S, I, R and E. Thanks for the company, as I enjoyed myself very much! More outings and gatherings soon please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA