[random] Dinner at Imakatsu - a Michelin Bib Gourmand Guide Tokyo + Birthday Celebration at Chao San Cuisine

Baby and I love Fridays and we always try to go somewhere nice for dinner after work. We went Imakatsu - a Michelin Bib Gourmand Guide Tokyo, which located at Tanjong Pager Centre. We were excited to dine in as we both haven't had tonkatsu in a while.


The meal started with a huge bowl of fresh cabbage with my favorite Sesame (Goma) Dressing Sauce which we happily munched on while waiting for our food!


As a sucker for anything miso, I couldn’t resist ordering the Miso Tonkatsu, and it was deliciously succulent. I could taste the freshness of the tonkatsu!


I love the gorgeous golden-brown of the tonkatsu with generous miso sauce. I was very impressed with the tonkatsu, as well as with the other side dishes that we had ordered.



However, the damage was a bit on the high side, more than I expected. Oh well, the tonkatsu is worth trying as this restaurant does specialize in Tonkatsu after all!


My Brother organized a birthday celebration session for my Mommy at Chao Shan Cuisine, which is located along Philips Street.


We ended our dinner with the Signature Teochew dessert - Orh Nee. The yam paste was smooth and not overly sweet – just perfect in the way that we love!


The damage was kinda on the higher side, and I personally felt that the portions could have been slightly bigger as we had a total of 10 people (8A 2C). Nevertheless, we enjoyed our dinner very much. We ended our dinner session with a group photo!



We continued our night at Providore, and we had some cakes and drinks to end our family dinner outing!



I had a quick Ramen fix with Baby at MARUTAMA RA-MEN which is located at Bugis+. Apart from the ramen, we also ordered the Tori Dango!


I recently prepared a Pan-fried Threadfin fish with Chye Poh at home. This is very time-consuming dish, as I needed to pan fry the fish first, before preparing the sauce for serving! I am glad that Baby enjoyed the lunch!

My Boss, D organized a dinner buffet for the SALES, SALES SUPPORT, CSR TEAM and DOC TEAM at Ginger Restaurant which is located at PARKROYAL on Beach Road. Buffet spreads are now available at the counter, just like pre-pandemic times whereby we were allowed to help ourselves to the food.


We started off the buffet with some assorted sushi, and they tasted good!


We also picked up some Kuey Pie Tee, and they tasted pretty amazing!


I had local delights such as Laksa and Chicken Rice at the buffet too. We had a fulfilling dinner, and thanks for the treat!


I bought a box of Muar Otah - Mackerel Fillet and a packet of plain Roti Prata from Fairprice. I decided to make Otah Puffs for brekkie. To start, simply cut the Otah into half to make 2 puffs by wrapping each in one plain roti prata, before putting them into the airfryer. I then sprinkled some sesame seeds on them for garnishing. It's served hot when the puff turns crispy!



Both of us enjoyed the puffs, and it is so easy to prepare that I will make them soon for breakfast again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA