[new zealand] Napier + Hamilition Gardens

I'm back to continue on my travelogue and I am excited to share on my day trip to Napier. In fact, this entry is going to be short as I spent most of our time on the road, but I've added in Hamilton and its pretty Gardens to lengthen it!
 

 

 

 
 I start off with Napier, the Art Deco city of New Zealand, and Napier's City Centre has the feeling of a time capsule, as I spotted many Americans vintage cars! 


 
 

 
I was glad that I stopped over at Napier as this place is amazing and unique with its 1930s architecture. We had Vietnamese Pho for lunch! In New Zealand, it is very easy to choose from a wide selection of Asian food and you will definitely spoilt for choice. 



 
After lunch, we did some shopping before heading to Hamilton. It was a long drive indeed, as it was already late at night by the time we reached our destination. We checked in to the Park View Motor Lodge for a night's stay! It bore a nice and simple setting, but most importantly, the Wi-Fi was stable and pretty rapid! 





 
 
The next morning, Baby prepared breakfast before we checked out from our room. I had creamy pasta before heading down for sight-seeing at Hamilton Gardens.

 
Hamilton Gardens was a free admission attraction and the whole garden was full of beautiful flower displays. We spent the whole morning touring the gardens. 
 

 



 
 




 









 




 
I took many random photos, and what I loved the most were the Maori carving statues in the gardens. I love this place very much as I felt happy being surrounded by the beautiful flowers in the garden. 







 
If you are someone who love flowers and nature then this is a perfect place for you! Do visit this place if you are travelling to New Zealand. 
 
 



 
Sad to say, we were on the last leg of our trip, and we had some light bites before heading back to Auckland, and in order to get ready to go to the airport the following day.
 

 
We checked in to the Rose Park Hotel which was located at Parnell. After leaving our belongings in the room, we drove downtown to look for a decent eatery for dinner. 
 


 
We had our last sit-down dinner at Downtown Auckland, and we settled at Britomart Country Club (BCC). We had beers, pizza and burgers for our dinner. The eatery place bore a terrific atmosphere for party-ing and I love the vibes very much! 

 

 
We did some grocery shopping at Countdown, and we bought many unique food fixes from the ANZAC region. Time to go to our room to re-pack our luggage in order to prepare for our home-bound flight! 
 
 
On the final day, we spent half a day doing last minute shopping in town, and towards late afternoon, and thereafter we drove down to Mangere where the car rental was located. It took us around 30 minutes to get there. We had an early dinner at Burger King before heading to the car rental which was about 10-15mins away from the airport to return our rented car. Upon returning the car, the staff chauffeured us to the airport. I love the service provided by the car rental company! 
 

 
At last, I have come to my final post of my New Zealand holiday. Thanks so much for reading u on my experiences during my NZ trip. Time really flies, as it has now been almost half a year since I came back from NZ. I will definitely plan another trip to NZ again, perhaps to the South Island next time! Till we meet again, NEW ZEALAND! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA