2D1N KL Weekend Staycation + SG Food Gem

A short weekend getaway to KL, Malaysia is something I always look forward to, as it is a chance to recharge myself after a week of stressful work. We left home around 5.30am and drove up to KL, whereby we arrived around 10am-ish! Our usual routine upon arriving was to plonk our car at the workshop for servicing, while heading for shopping, makan-ing and lepak-ing!
 
 
Daddy Mike brought us for breakfast, and we drove up to Shah Alam for some Penang street food fare. We settled at Restoran Gurney Delight. 

 
The Penang Prawn Mee tasted pretty decent, and it was served in an aromatic Prawn stock soup, which was topped with prawn slices, fish cakes, hard boiled egg slices and vegetables. The accompanying home-made chilli paste was a bonus! 




 
Restoran Gurney Delight is the right place for you if you wish to taste some traditional styles of Penang street food, as most of the ingredients are originally from Penang. 

 
We drove to Empire Shopping Gallery for some shopping, and we stopped by at Aeon Big to get some groceries. Baby went to try his luck on the claw machine, as one of the machines were offering Doraemon plushies as prizes. Baby couldn't believe that he caught it, and he asked me to pose for an OOTD shot with his prize! 
 
As usual, I picked up some earrings from Lovisa, a pair of denim shorts from Brands Outlet and some random stuff from Jaya Grocer and Empire Shopping Gallery

 
We had our lunch at Restoran Clan which is located at Menjalara, and this was what we came for - 鸡窝包 (Chicken Nest Bun) for RM6. It is a bao that has pillowy soft dough in the shape of a 'nest', and is stuffed with glutinous rice, marinated chicken and mushrooms!

 
I had some home-made Mango Jelly Mooncake which was made by Baby's Auntie before heading back to SG! We only made 1 stop for the entire journey from KL to Tuas checkpoint, in order to beat the jam. We reached SG at 8.30pm for dinner at Woodlands Mart, and that concludes my weekend getaway to KL!

 
My random lunch with my office lunch mates at Kuro Izakaya, Suntec City. We went for their lunch sets which were from SGD8.90 onwards, and each set lunch comes with soup, salad and a glass of mocktail. I had the Chicken Yaki Udon. Nothing beats having a nice meal and a great chat with my lunch kakis! 

 
Thanks Tracy, for sharing this meaningful mooncake with me! This mooncake was obtained from the Yellow Ribbon Run in which she participated in!
 
This mooncake was specially prepared by prison in-mates. I love the colorful packaging and the Chinese text '' which was engraved on the mooncake that expresses their longing to be reunited with their family and loved ones! I believe everyone deserves a second chance, so let us show our support and love to them!

 
Thanks for inviting me to join the affiliate program, and I was delighted to receive the Welcome Pack the very next day. I will share my views once I tried them. Thanks Nuzest for connecting with me! 

 
I end my post with a recent dinner gathering with HP, CK, Poppy and her beau, JD. We had a simple yet delightful dinner at Haikee Brothers Restaurant which is located at Chinatown Point. 
 
 
Lastly, Baby and I re-visited 'Flaming Don' which is located at Bugis+, as both of us fell in love with the affordable Japanese Rice Bowls which the premises offers! 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA