3D2N Getaway to KL

A long weekend getaway to KL is always a welcome relief to me. We drove up on a Saturday Morning at 5am, and we reached KL around 1130am. Mum V brought us to Go Noodle House which serves different types of delicious noodles. It is a chain-restaurant and we visited the outlet at 1-Utama.

 
The setting bears an ancient China-inspired rustic decor! I love the pan mee and the Trio Platter very much. The damage was RM59-ish for the three of us. 
 

 
As Hari Raya is around the corner, there was a Ramadan festive roadshow at the atrium. We decided to pick up some traditional Malay eats - a bamboo stick of Lemang and 300g of Beef Rendang. OMG! It cost us RM45. What a hefty damage! 
 

 Recently i've felt that my fringe is getting longer and my hair is out of shape... I'm not 'feeling it' for my hair! Therefore, I visited the Restyle Hair Salon which is located at Damen Shopping Mall. I read up about it on the website, and I decided to give it a try. I paid RM56 for Wash, Cut and Blow. 
 
 
This was my look before my hair was snipped away. 


 
I stayed at Daddy Mike’s place which is located at Subang Jaya for my 3D2N getaway to KL. My dinner’s OOTD with my new hair cut look. 


 
Has it was Daddy Mike's Birthday last month, we decided to bring him out for a belated birthday dinner. We brought the folks to a somewhat classy italian restaurant - D'italiane Kitchen which is located at Jaya33, PJ for dinner. D’Italiane Kitchen serves excellent Italian fine-dining cuisine at an affordable price. I love the contemporary Italian fine dining fare with a twist.


 
 

 
The Signature D’Italiane Pizza tasted decent, nothing to shout about!

 
I ordered the Smoked Duck Aglio Olio Pasta. It was cooked to perfection, and was SO AL DENTE! The pasta was perfectly cooked, and the fried garlic is a super nice garnish to complete the dish! It is definitely worth the price at RM29.


 
I love the Clam Pot very much! 


 
The Lamb Cutlet with Blueberry tasted amazing. The meat was well-marinated, and all of us enjoyed every bits of it! 
 

 
We also ordered a bottle of red wine for the celebration. The total damage was RM400. Though it was on the high-side, but the food quality made up for the damage. 
 
 
On the second day in KL, we had Pan Mee for breakfast, and we settled at JoJo Kitchen which is just opposite Daddy Mike’s place. It is a decent-looking eatery place that serves Pan Mee. The noodles are very chewy and it tasted pretty good. Money well spent, and truly eaten! 
 
After brekkie, I went for more shopping in Sunway Pyramid, and I picked up a dress from Padini at RM39, a play suit at RM49 and some earrings at 3 for RM10. 
 
 
We joined Mum V and Aunties for a home-cooked lunch at Damansara. Thanks for the meal, it was delicious indeed! 


 
Baby had arranged for himself and me to book a dental appointment at a private dental clinic. We did scaling and polishing for RM160 each. The whole process was painless as the doctors were gentle and well-trained. We were stunned by the amount each of us had to pay, as there was no chance the price would be this cheap in Singapore. 
 
 
For our last dinner in KL, we went to Restoran Woo Ng Kee which is located at Kepong. Upon entering the premise, which reminiscences the nostalgic years of old. Think of Red Star restaurant in Singapore and you will get a rough idea of what the place is like!


 
The restaurant was running full house when we were there. Luckily the wait was still bearable. There is no menu at Restoran Woo Ng Kee and most diners/patrons got their order through the recommendations from the servers. We ordered 5 dishes for 6 persons. 


 
This dish’s name caught my attention - ‘Pig & Dog Friends’ (猪朋狗友). The Braised Pork Knuckles is served in a claypot and is traditionally best to be taken in winter.


 
Restoran Woo Ng Kee is perfect for classic comfort food especially with family to bring out a homey feel. The damage was only RM107, and for the price we paid and the quality of the food served, it is definitely worth a second visit. I would say that this was the best meal of the entire trip!
 




 
We left KL at around 1130am, and only made 1 single stop to pump petrol for the entire journey from KL to Tuas checkpoint, in order to beat the long weekend holiday jam. We reached SG at 345pm, and that concludes my 3D2N getaway to KL! 
 

Comments

This China food looks very tasty!

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA