Sending off 2020 and welcoming 2021

On the eve of New Year’s Eve, EC arranged a drinking session at the Grapevine Café Bar & Restaurant which is located at Guillemard Road. I like the vibes that the premises offered.

 



Apart from whiskey drinking, we also have pizza, satay and some bar bites such as spam fries, spring rolls, chicken nuggets, onion rings, French fries and fried chicken skin.

 

Thanks for company, as I enjoyed myself very much! More outings and gatherings soon please!



The Covid-19 travel restrictions that have been implemented for our safety has ruined many holiday plans for last year and perhaps even for the next 1-2 years.


Baby brought me to Jurong Lake Gardens’ Festival of Lights, and there were 28 large-scale lantern displays of country landmarks (‘It’s A Small World’) as well as lucky zodiac signs.



While we might not be able to travel for leisure yet, this exhibition helped me to travel around the world in essence! This ‘It’s A Small World’ themed display helped to ease my travel desires by featuring popular tourist attractions across the globe.



One of the Seven Wonders of the World - Taj Mahal from India.



France - Parisian landmarks such as Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame.



United Kingdom - famous sightseeing locations in London such as London Bridge, Big Ben and various Beefeaters.



Japan - familiar sights such as Mount Fuji, Shinkansen and Sumo Wrestlers.



Australia - Sydney’s opera house and adorable kangaroo and koalas.



What I like most is the display with a bamboo forest filled with adorable mask-wearing pandas which suit the theme of this exhibition- ‘A Better Tomorrow’.



I ended my visit at Jurong Lake Gardens with a photo of the last exhibit, a huge Dragon which no doubt ushered in the coming new year of 2021!




My first dinner of 2021 was a simple dinner at the Limau Thai Kitchen which is located at Woodlands Rise! It serves some of the best authentic Thai cuisines.

 

We waited almost 25 minutes for our Mama Thai Hotpot! This portion can be shared among 2-3 people and it cost SGD24. The hotpot is yummy and it worth the wait time!



I end my post with my Sunday Dim Sum Brunch with Baby and Mom Vi! This time we visited China Classic Restaurant which is located at Chinatown Point. The China Classic is a Cantonese Restaurant, and they offer traditional 'Push-Cart' dim sum. Exactly like how they are served in Hong Kong! Baby actually loves the traditional push-cart dim sum more as compared to those 'Ala carte' ordering style. The damage was pretty hefty, as we paid SGD70 for our meal.

 



My recommendations are Deep-fried Beancurd Roll, Pan-fried Radish Cake and Glutinous Rice.



Thanks for popping by my social media space. Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA