Taman Mount Austin's food gems + nail wraps

Our weekend JB trip is getting more and more fruitful, as we travel more into inner area of Johor Bahru, and lately both Baby and I are into the food and shopping of Taman Mount Austin, a famous township located at Jalan Kota Tinggi in Johor Bahru.

Inexpensive shopping is what I like most, but most importantly, I can't wait to explore more food gems in Taman Mount Austin…

In this post, all food joints I visited are located at Taman Mount Austin...


We visited Restoran Yoong Lei Dim Sum for our lunch, and luckily, we got there around 2-ish as they close at 4pm…


The big bao bears a nice shape, and the filling was pretty generous. The white dough was slight sweetened and bouncy and it complemented the minced pork filling every well.


My clincher was the Char Siew Bao, as the filling is juicy and tasty. I want more next time.


The Century Egg Porridge tasted pretty decent. Oh well, but I prefer the thick, dense and gruel texture of the porridge.


I was kinda hooked by the Chee Cheong Fun, as the gravy sauce tasted special and it went well with the rice roll...


Apart from the above, we also sampled these during our visit at the dim sum joint…


That's all for my lunch at Restoran Yoong Lei Dim Sum, and I will be back for more Char Siew Bao, Chee Cheong Fun and of course the Glutinous Rice wrapped in Lotus Leaf which I missed out (due to it being sold-out) during my visit. The damage was RM28.


As for afternoon tea, we settled at Auntie Lim Café, the ambience was pretty relaxing and peaceful which makes it a perfect spot for small gatherings with friends and loved ones. Free wifi was available at the café too, and this is another bonus point.


I ordered my favorite hot drink, Teh-O, and it went along a plate of Glutinous Rice...


Baby had Orange and Carrot Juice. The damage was RM12-ish.


Time for dinner, I chose our dinner place at Restoran Pou Wok, and upon entering the eatery place, we were greeted by a ‘hall of fame’ photos from celebrities who visited this restaurant before. There are 6 signatures dishes that were highly recommended, and we ordered 4 signatures dishes for our dinner. We will be back soon to try the remaining 2 signature dishes...


Hokkien Mee was the clincher for me, as it tasted super delicious. I love it every much.


Roasted Pork Ribs


Bittergourd with Salted Egg is pretty light and there was no trace of oil on the plate at all…


Kampung Chicken which pretty much resembles our renowned restaurant, Soup Restaurant's famous signature dish, Samsui Ginger Chicken from Soup Restaurant. I still prefer the ginger dipping sauce from Soup Restaurant as it tasted much better.


Lastly, we rounded up our meal with a nourishing Radish and Carrot Soup. The damage was RM63-ish.


Lately, I am so much into nail wraps and I found cheap and good quality nail wraps at Taman Mount Austin. The price range was around SGD1-6ish… I picked up quite a lot for myself as to prepare myself to look good this Christmas and the forth-coming Chinese New Year...


I also had a dining entrée from the previous visit to Taman Mount Austin, and we visited Restoran Jia Xiang… This cze char eatery place surprised me as it offers free wifi for their patrons/diners...


We ordered Hot-Plate Tofu, and it tasted pretty normal. Nothing to shout about at all...


Claypot Sesame Chicken


I enjoyed the Pork Ribs in Claypot with Pumpkin very much...
 
Overall, the food tasted pretty decent but the friendly service and the free wifi made up for our wait and the whole dining experience… The damage was affordable too, and it only cost us RM 48-ish.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA