[Vacation] My first road-trip to Melaka

My 2D1N short retreat to Malacca was an eye opener, as Melaka (Malay name for Malacca) is a city full of unique history and it lures many visitors over the world to its namesake historic port city.


 
We went on a road trip to Malacca, and we drove down from Singapore via TUAS Checkpoint (second link). It took us about a 4-hour drive to reach Malacca (including buffering like custom checks, traffic jam and even resting for lunch in Yong Peng)
 
 
We did not book any hotels in prior before leaving Singapore, therefore once we reached Melaka Sentral (Malacca Central), the first we did was to check in ourselves to a hotel, due to long weekend, many hotels were running full. Luckily, we got the last room from Hotel Orkid. The decent room rate comes with complimentary breakfast at the Garden Cafe.


Hotel Orkid Melaka is located at Jalan Bendahara which is about 10-15mins walk to Jonker Walk and Dataran Quayside (River Walk), but of course, it took us a few minutes to drive down lah... Hahahaha!!

 
Hotel Orkid is a budget-friendly three-star hotel, though the hotel looks pretty old but the location is good as it is centrally located in the heart of Melaka town. 

 
My OOTD for the 2 days in Malacca...

 
I did some cam-whoring in the hotel room, while Baby was still busy-ing getting ready to go out for some sight-seeing and of course our favorite doings - shopping and makan-ing.


 
 My stay was inclusive of breakfast, but I ate a little as I was saving my stomach for more delicious authentic food in Jonker Street. Do take a look of what I had for my brekkie in the hotel...

 
I experienced the rich historical and cultural background from previous Portuguese, Dutch and British rule. This city centre was listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in July 2008.





 
Christ Church is an 18th century Protestant church in the city of Malacca, Malaysia. It is painted in coral red, and Christ Church is a Dutch heritage that reminds people of their presence in Melaka centuries ago.

 
You can also pick up some local souvenirs along the Christ Church premises...


 
  The fountain in front of Christ Church - Victoria Regina 1837-1901. It was built in 1904 in memory of a great Queen.


 
 The mouse deer is adopted by the State as the official animal of Malacca. 
 
 
Rickshaws in Malacca are heavily decorated with colorful flowers and soft toys...
 
 
Ending my post with a nostalgic snack which I picked up from the ‘ma ma store’ near to the hotel I was staying during my trip in Malacca...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA