{Japan Holiday} All about food in Japan - L'Occitane Cafe + Takadaya

During my recent trip to Tokyo, I decided to visit the L'Occitane Cafe, which is located at Shibuya. For the exact location, (it is located right next to the Hachiko Exit at Shibuya Station. It's quite impossible to miss as the signboard is fairly big!
 
 
The ground floor is retail shop, and the 2nd and 3rd floor is the cafe area. The cafe is pretty cozy and we love the relaxing and quietness atmosphere.
 

 



 
We were lucky to be seated at a window seat. WOW! We got a terrific view of Shibuya's famous crossing, where you can view the scrambling of people as they cross the multi junction when traffic stops! It is also known as an exclusive pedestrian crossing or diagonal crossing.
 


 
The price was a shocker to us as a cup of tea/coffee could buy us a meal. However the taste and experience we had compensated for the damage spent!

 
We ordered the herbal tea, Citrus Rooibos and it cost me 980Yen (SGD12) which comes with two types of honey. The tea tasted extremely nice with the addition of honey.

 
We ordered the Dessert Sampler Platter at 1540Yen which cost me around SGD18-ish. I love the Creme Brulee the best! It is also one of their signature desserts. To me, the Creme Brulee is the best dessert I've ever tasted.

 
 
Although, I heard many good ravings on the net about the Creme Brulee, I was a bit skeptical when ordering it, and didn't have much expectations. I proceeded to dig in with my dessert spoon and try it. OM! It tasted divine.

 


The damage was 2520Yen (SGD30ish), and it was pretty hefty for one pot of tea and a sampler platter. I will definitely visit L'Occitane Cafe when I visit Tokyo again!
 


 
We went to Takadaya which is an Izakaya for supper, and it has various branches in Tokyo. We went to the branch nearest to our hotel and it is at the Shinjuku San-Chome Station.


 
We had Yakitori and Sashimi for supper!
 
 

 
Yakitori has always been one of my favorite foods in Japanese cuisine, and it tasted delicious. We had a lovely supper as well as a lovely quality time spent together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA