My running journey continues with Great Eastern Women's Run

I signed up for the Great Eastern Women's Run race, which is Asia's largest women-only on the 9th November 2014.
 
 
This year, my race pack was delivered to my doorstep. Thanks so much for making this arrangement for me, and I appreciate it loads! It consisted of an Adidas tee, a Tupperware Eco water bottle, race bib and finally, some sample products and discount vouchers from the sponsors.

 
  I met up my running buddy, Tracy at The Float@Marina Bay as she needed to deposit her belongings at the baggage counter. As for me, as usual, I have my Baby to send me to the race venue and I left my belongings in the car.

 
The race started at the Singapore Flyer and finished at The Float@Marina Bay. This year, the crowd was overwhelming for my run category, the humble 5km! The race was flagged off at 7.40am, and it set off in waves of people. We crossed the start line in the third wave.

 
Tracy and I came back to the finishing point about the same time. To be exact, I was just 1 minute faster than her! We were happy to see ChewyJas at the race venue, as she came to cover the event, and as well as to show her support to us. Thanks so much for coming down!

 
Apart from the runtolivegreat programme that trained me up for this race, my New Balance running shoes played an important role too as they gave my feet comfort whIle I was running. Thanks New Balance Singapore! We were given our medals upon reaching the finish point, and we were proud to take some photos together with our medals.
 
 
There were some games at the race village for the public to join in the fun, and Bubble Bump is one of the game activities at the event.

 
YAY! I was happy to have another medal added to my race journey.

 
We have conquered the race... Thanks buddy for being so sporty!

 
At the post-race event, I was glad to hear that ChewyJas will be joining the race with us next year, so before we welcome GEWR 2015, the trio of us are looking out for some interesting run to take part together next year.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA