[random] During the first month of Circuit Breaker

As the government has introduced a 'Circuit Breaker' as an effort to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies in Singapore have implemented mandatory work-from-home (WFH) policies. We as Singaporeans should play our role to walk through this difficult period together. 


My no. 1 unusual challenge is to work from home for the first time, full time. Weekends are no different from weekdays as we spent 24 hours by staying at home. We are only allowed to go out for essential groceries! We started off our Circuit Breaker from April 06, and now it has been extended till the June 01, 2020. I am still adjusting myself to suit the ‘whole new world’.



My work normally begins at 8.30am, and now I do not have to waste time on travelling to the office, time can be better spent on breakfast while clearing emails! For my daily breakfast, my Baby will prepare toast and tea for me, but for the times I get tired of bread, he will either then take out from the nearby food centre or prepare instant noodles for me.


The most dramatic brekkie was this Chwee Kuey with super generous preserved turnip (cai poh). I was told by Baby that this was the last selling portion and they emptied all the ‘cai poh' by adding it into my purchase. 


Since we spend all our time at home, the house gets messy each day. I am glad that Baby does most of the house chores. Thanks for being such a lovely hubby! 


Mum Vi cooks either lunch or dinner daily, and now food delivery has becomes a big part of everyone’s life! This outbreak has forced many F&B businesses to offer deliveries. 


Delicious Steamed Glutinous Rice 


Yummy Fried Rice with Home-made Char Siew 


I love Kampung Chicken Stew with Chinese Wine and Mushroom very much!


My favorite Braised Pig Trotters with Peanuts




I love home-cooked food very much, as I always feel home cooked food is healthier. OM! Mum Vi is really a great cook! 







Red Bean Soup for dessert



Let me share with you on what I had ordered during the past 1-month of the 'Circuit Breaker'. To reduce social distancing and less contact, my Baby has done his own hook for contact-less receipt of parcels/food delivery!! 


Oishi desu~ my yummy food order is here! Tampopo has rendered a 30% off discount any food order and free delivery for any purchase above SGD50, but is only available to members. My dinner was still pretty decent, although the Tonkatsu was not as crispy as it normally was when dining in at the premises. However it still tasted pretty good after all!


Food delivery from Lou Yau came on time on a random weekday evening. We were given 15% off and free delivery for any purchase above SGD20. I love the way they packed the food. It was professional indeed! 



My Yummy take out lunch from Citrus by the Pool. I love the Tom Yum Pasta, as this Thai-inspired dish tasted delicious with a distinctive hot and sour flavor that is well-loved by many Singaporean foodies. 

I am glad that both Baby and Mum Vi enjoyed their lunch. 





Our delicious take out lunch from Jack’s Place, and we were given 20% off for take-out. 


My Chicken Cutlet Fried Rice with Sambal Chilli still tasted pretty decent, although dining in at the premises will be much better! 



Aburi-EN is giving away 20% off for take-out, and therefore we made use of this opportunity to get for our dinner. Surprisingly, it tasted as good as dining in at their premises! 


We also ordered an Angelica Duck from Dian Xiao Er to go with our dinner too!


And that’s pretty much sums up my 'food journey’ during the 'Circuit Breaker' period so far! 


Lastly, working from home has given me more time to take care of hair and as well as my skin too. I end the night with a dosage of a beauty drink before I go to bed.

Comments

The foods from Tampopo looks great!

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA