[Food Gem] Katsuya + Tsui Wah

Our love for tonkatsu brought us to this Japanese eatery which is located at the East Coast Road (Katong area). Katsuya is a Japanese restaurant which specializes in deep-fried pork cutlet, and it is definitely a gem in eastern Singapore!



What I wouldn't miss when I visit Katsuya again is the Buta Kakuni - a side dish of utterly chopstick-soft, fatty pork belly simmered in appetizing savory-sweet soya sauce. Baby said he can easily empty an entire bowl of rice with it!




I had the Rosu & Ebi Katsu Curry, and it tasted delicious.




Baby had the flavorful premium cut of the Hokkaido Rosu, and it's accompanying homemade tonkatsu sauce. Do remember to eat the crispy meat with Japanese mustard, as it will enhance the meat to taste even better!



We decided to cook Salmon Mentaiko for my dinner on a random day after WFH! We picked up a piece of salmon from Donki and I got this bottle of Mentaiko Sauce from the Keat Hong Groupbuy. We added honey tomatoes from our fridge. I am glad that he enjoyed it very much!



Thanks thegrowroom99 for introducing me to the Calathea Lancifolia - Rattlesnake Plant, as it is a perfect houseplant for pattern lovers who like to decorate with nature! I love the bright green and wavy leaves that has stripes and a rich burgundy red underside.



 

It brings a little extra greenery and a tropical feel to my balcony, but most importantly, it is super easy to maintain. I love the greenery mood whenever I enter the balcony.



Both Baby and I are oyster lovers, and we were craving for the 'Happy Hour' offered by Tanuki Raw, which is located at Jewel, Changi. During the happy hour period, each oyster is going at a value price of SGD2, and it was great value for money! These tasty oysters were fresh and creamy. They are perfect when paired with some beer or cocktails at the premises! Note, in order to enjoy this deal, you have to purchase a drink first!




am glad the popular Hong Kong style char chan teng - Tsui Wah 翠華 has opened at Jewel Changi Airport. They opened in the last quarter of last year I think! It is the first outlet in the eastern side of Singapore.



We started our dinner with Borscht with Thick Toast, and I really enjoyed dipping the toast in the soup.



Baby had Baked Fried Rice with Pork Chop in Tomato Puree which he claimed is not bad, but the one from the 'So Good' Char Chan Teng was better!



I had Kagoshima-Style Braised Pork Cartilage & Wontons in Fish Soup with Mixian, and it tasted pretty good! Each piece of Braised Pork Cartilage is stewed for many hours, in order to achieve a tender and gelatinous texture, and a flavorful and savorful aroma!



I was searching high and low for the Fish Paste Puffs in Fish Soup, but it was in vain. It is such a pity that some of Hong Kong’s signature dishes are not available at that outlet! We had a pleasurable experience and thanks Baby for the lovely dinner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA