Sunday Brunch at Canton Paradise + Koung’s Wan Tan Mee

Both Baby and I made a trip down to the plant nursery which is located near Khatib.





We picked up 2 potted plants from the nursery. Asparagus Umbellatus and Rhopaloblaste (Java Palm).




OM! My balcony has slowly become a mini garden. We love the greenery and it lifts up our mood too!



I brought Baby to Canton Paradise for a Sunday brunch on the last day of October. We settled at Marina Bay Sands (MBS) outlet, as it serves quality dim sum. We were lucky to get a seat without any advance reservation after a short wait of 10 minutes.



We started off with Boat Style Congee, and I loved the consistency of the Cantonese styled Congee. It looked velvety smooth and had a silky texture. I savored every bit of it!




The Chee Cheong Fun with Char Siew, BBQ bun and Steamed Spare Ribs with Yam were our dim sum staples.




We love the Fried XO Carrot Cake very much and this item has been listed under our MUST-ORDER item in any dim sum restaurant!



A dim sum brunch will never be complete without Siew Mai! They were nicely done, and we all enjoyed them very much!



I got this brunch for my Baby, as an appreciation of everything he does for me! Thanks Baby, loves you muaks!

 


Although the government has placed restrictions under the Stabilisation Phase till 21/Nov, I am still tasked to go back to the office on alternate weeks via split teams. During the week, when I work from home, I usually will have something simple either for breakfast or lunch that requires simple steaming! Baby picked up a box of Siew Mai and a box of Carrot Cake from Crystal Jade Restaurant.



I had Wanton Mee for lunch which is truly satisfying! Koung’s Wan Tan Mee is located at Geylang which is within walking distance from our place. It is about a 8-12mins walk. This eatery place has been around since 1964, and I love their handmade wanton, homemade chilli sauce, but most of all, their impressively charcoal roasted char siew!

This traditional and delicious wanton mee only cost SGD4 despite their popularity. Do prepare to wait! I really enjoyed the classic old school wanton mee from Koung’s, and I'm definitely coming back for another plate of tasty wanton mee soon!



I end my post with my tang yuan dessert. I purchased this cartoon tang yuan from the Keat Hong Groupbuy!


Comments

The last desert is so cute.

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA