WORST Omakase Experience Ever + Postie LIVE in Singapore

While it may sound pretty cheap to pay SGD130 for a 12-course Omakase experience that included a bottle of sake for two, I was quite disappointed to have experienced quite easily the worst Omakase meal I've been to.

It was our first time trying out this food deal from Kris+ App, and we were both excited to see what Beppu Menken Restaurant offered to us.

We didn’t expect much due to the heavily discounted price for the Omakase dinner. While I had no qualms about the quality of the food, I thought the service was quite lackluster. As I've mentioned, I did not expect much for the price, but the entire meal went for 2.5 hours which I found outrageous.

Our booking was for 7.30 and the meal finished near to 10pm! Each course that was served had a long interval in between which took way too long in my opinion. Further, some other couples had entered the restaurant after us for the same Omakase deal, so the restaurant obviously tried to do it in a way whereby the dishes were served at the same time to each customer. While this obviously makes it easier for the restaurant, this did absolutely nothing for me as some of the dishes were even served to customers who had arrived LATER than me because I was seated furthest away from the kitchen. Hence, I felt it was unbalanced paying for such a so-called Omakase dinner.















We definitely felt let down by the service of Beppu Menken Restaurant. I found it odd that they even charged for normal water whereby most Japanese restaurants do not. Ostensibly on paper this is an Omakase experience, but I think there are better ones out there.  If you want an affordable proper Omakase experience, a suggestion from me would be to try Kyoten Japanese Cuisine!

After our disappointing dinner, we made our way to the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix which literally made up for our unhappy experience at the restaurant. This year marked my third time to the F1 Night Race, as I was here way back in 2012 for Maroon 5 and 2013 for Big Bang! Now in 2023, I was back here with my Baby and his friends for Post Malone (Postie)!


OMG!! We love him so much, and we loved all his songs. We were on cloud nine as we danced away while singing along when the songs were being played.




The crowd at the floor was in high spirits as they screamed when Postie made his way running down from the stage and gave high-fives to the audience!

For his 2nd last song of the concert, he did 'Sunflower' as the crowd were demanding he perform it! It was a wild night indeed, and I hope to see more LIVE concert performances next edition!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA